Info on a Hotel

Calyn2323

Hi everybody, 
I have a cruise booked for next Feb. and have booked at the Holiday Inn Ft Lauderdale-Airport on Sheridan street.  Will we be able to walk places from the hotel?  What I am wondering is will we be able to walk to pick up some beer for the night and a couple bottles of wine for the cruise or walk somewhere for dinner?  Or will we have to Uber everywhere?

Any info on the hotel would be appreciated.

Thanks

If you pull it up on google maps you'll see there is not much near by. It is mostly homes and offices. 

A quick Uber/Lyft will get you anywhere though. Downtown Hollywood is a very short drive away. Maybe a $7-$10 Uber/Lyft ride. 

33 minutes ago, JohninDC said:

Besides checking trip advisor, you can plug the hotel address into Google maps and check to see what dining and shopping options are nearby.

I have done that and I can see a Shell gas station across the street, but I can't seem to find out if it sells beer and wine.  Some states we have been you can buy it at gas stations(not mine).

28 minutes ago, Calyn2323 said:

I have done that and I can see a Shell gas station across the street, but I can't seem to find out if it sells beer and wine.  Some states we have been you can buy it at gas stations(not mine).

Gas stations sell beer/wine in Florida. You can simply call that specific one and make sure they have what you want. 

This is probably the worst location anyone has ever asked about when it comes to walking. There are better hotels for that and probably same price range.

That said, there is a LOT of restaurants and what not nearby so a very inexpensive Uber would solve that problem. Just not reasonable walking distance. 

That said, it's about a 20 minute walk to the Oakwood Plaza, Ale house, and what not. It's just not a excellent area to go walking, either. I wouldn't. 

Edited by BNBR

18 hours ago, Calyn2323 said:

Just take an Uber instead of limiting yourself to Gas Station selection. Especially for wine. I've notice plenty of beer at gas stations. Almost every station that has a store sells beer here. I've never noticed wine. 

Thank you very much for the replies   I used points to book the hotel, so I canceled and rebooked at the Holiday Inn POM..,I have stayed in this area a number of times so I am comfortable in this area. 

Thanks again for your input...much appreciated...

4 minutes ago, Calyn2323 said:

Thank you very much for the replies   I used points to book the hotel, so I canceled and rebooked at the Holiday Inn POM..,I have stayed in this area a number of times so I am comfortable in this area. 

You are sailing out of Miami?  Yeah then totally, it makes no sense to stay at some out of the way FLL hotel. 

39 minutes ago, Calyn2323 said:

Good choice.