On board credit question

sasue

My husband and I received a certificate for onboard credit from our Celebrity cruise last September. We're leaving on another Celebrity cruise

in six weeks and I was wondering what we do with that certificate. Do we take it to the customer relations desk?

Thank you

Honestly I've never heard of this. Was it for OBC if you booked another cruise, or for a cruise you booked onboard? I'd suggest calling Captains Club before your upcoming cruise and find out whether it can be applied to your upcoming cruise.

Does the Certificate have some type of # or reference code?  If you  booked directly with Celebrity I would suggest you call and inquire how you apply the OBCto your upcoming cruise.  If you booked with a TA call them, you may need to send them a copy of the and ask them to have it applied to your booking.

2 hours ago, sasue said:

it wasn't an onboard credit to use onboard that cruise, but compensation after the cruise.

Like others have said: you are using these certificates when you are booking your next cruise.

Just tell your TA that you have such a certificate and they will get in touch with Celebrity to have it redeemed.

I doubt that you can use it after you have already booked, as far as I remember, there is also a corresponding clause written on the certificate.

What is the title on your certificate? I received a credit for a future cruise due to an onboard incident and it states "Please present this savings certificate to your travel agent. Your final payment will be adjusted...this original certificate must be submitted ...before the sailing has commenced. Only the original certificate will be accepted."

I'm not sure if yours is different (and actually is for OBC), but if it is the same type, the original certificate needs to go to your TA or X, if you booked directly. Either way, calling your TA or X, if you booked directly, would be my first step.

Edited by vtcruising

9 hours ago, sasue said:

My husband and I received a certificate for onboard credit from our Celebrity cruise last September. We're leaving on another Celebrity cruise

in six weeks and I was wondering what we do with that certificate. Do we take it to the customer relations desk?

Thank you

If i was in your shoes I would phone Celebrity and have them put the OBC onto your onboard account at once, you would then be able to check yourself to see if it had been done. I think if you visit guest services it may or not be done.

Thanks, everyone for your helpful responses!  We did call celebrity and had a choice of onboard credit for our upcoming cruise, or a credit on my debit card.

An extra $600 savings is always nice!!

• Like 1