MIXOLOGY

AndyMandy

Hi

Sorry for the silly Question but looking to book the mixology. It doesn’t give me an opportunity to book a date on our 10 night cruise in October. However would like to do it on our second sea day which so happens to be our anniversary. 

Can i arrange the date once on board? What are my chances of getting the date I want. 

Sorry not not used to cruising  

Many Thanks in advance. 

Andy

We have done the mixology class at the World Class Bar, it is a lot of fun. If you are on a ship that has WCB, ask the bartender on first day and they should be able to get you signed up. In my experience it is not held on every sea day.

Edited by lovecruzin

1 hour ago, lovecruzin said:

We have done the mixology class at the World Class Bar, it is a lot of fun. If you are on a ship that has WCB, ask the bartender on first day and they should be able to get you signed up. In my experience it is not held on every sea day.

I was also thinking that the mixology class would be fun, but I was wondering how basic it is?  Do they show simple cocktails, or do they get into designing more complex cocktails?  Thanks!

1 hour ago, mysparky said:

I was also thinking that the mixology class would be fun, but I was wondering how basic it is?  Do they show simple cocktails, or do they get into designing more complex cocktails?  Thanks!

When we took the class, it was mostly basics (terms, tools, components of a cocktail). We took it with Marius (spelling) on the Eclipse. My wife and I were the only two in attendance, so there was a lot of opportunity for us to ask specific questions. Even though the content wasn't that in depth, it was a fun a experience, especially with a bartender you already like.  

Our session consisted of 4 full size potent drinks.  A espresso martini,  orange mojito, Hemingway daiquiri, and  grapefruit Cosmo.  It was a lot to drink in the short amount of time but all were very good

He went over the basic ingredients  that make up every cocktail and the usual ratio.  Mix, alcohol, garnish, bitters sweeteners, and etc plus when to stir, shake, blend and etc.  very informative.

the class didn’t seem to be too popular as it was offered on board at 50% off and  there were only 3 of us in our class.  

Drink up 🍾🍷🍺🍸🍹🥂🍻🥃