Oceana Winter Cruises

bee-ess

2 minutes ago, Omega1 said:

Just had a look at the P&O site - the price for the same cabin grade is £572 (53%) more than we paid this morning through our TA. That’s some mark up!

Prices have been going up since 9am this morning, they have to fill the ship for each of these cruises having cancelled all the dubai trips. I think they started off low to see the interest. Aurora is leaving the day before my Christmas cruise on practically identical itinerary as is over £3000 pp more expensive.

Feeling very lucky 🙂

40 minutes ago, cruisefan2012 said:

Working now !!

I am obviously suffering from the vagaries of P&O website, I still don't get anything on Oceana throughout the winter, I just see Valletta departures with a gap from November to the end of March.

Just realised that they are not available using the the usual selection criteria, you have to click on the Oceana Winter button.

Edited by Josy1953
Found own answer

Just booked the northern cities cruise on 10 November for an excellent price. It’s practically the same cruise we did on Aurora in December a couple of years ago. Yes, it was cold but definitely not miserable! Really looking forward to it 😃.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, kruzseeka said:

😭😭😭  No!  We've gone for the March one!   What a shame.......  Perhaps one day! 

Oh Kruz :classic_sad:, The March one was very close to another booking. October just fitted into a little window we have.........and I wanted to go to Venice.

45 minutes ago, happy v said:

Oh Kruz :classic_sad:, The March one was very close to another booking. October just fitted into a little window we have.........and I wanted to go to Venice.

I'm really disappointed that it's not worked out - would have loved to have a good chat.  But who knows we might make it one day.  

We adore Venice - have a wonderful time. 😀

Just booked the 10 night repo in October. Would have liked the 17 day one but as Mr took some persuading by the time we tried to book balconies were over £2k each. Got a good price on the 10 day one, a bit more than we'd have liked but still a good price

41 minutes ago, kruzseeka said:

I'm really disappointed that it's not worked out - would have loved to have a good chat.  But who knows we might make it one day.  

We adore Venice - have a wonderful time. 😀

Thanks, I definitely will. Florian's here I come. 😉

15 minutes ago, Teabelly69 said:

That's just how we feel Andy. Already booked on Arcadia for 10th October for 19 nights so would be bit too tight but what a price for 35 nights!!!!!

We were very happy with the prices we paid for the cruises we have coming up, so no good stressing now.

But it is a ridiculous price..

Have a fantastic time on Arcadia.

Andy

Surprised those on the Dubai trip didn't get first refusal - think you should have had the chance to book before general sale.

I booked 2 cabins via pre-reigistration with travel agent for Christmas/New Year cruise.  I debated whether to have balcony or inside - had balcony last year, so trying inside this year.  It was  £300 more for balcony but x 4 people, that £1200 difference will go towards another cruise - I remember the balcony doors aren't that great on Oceana and whistle a bit !!!   I may even pop on QV to Hamburg for 4 nights once we are back with the £1200 difference !!  I see the balcony cabins have shot up in price by over £500 pp !!  Insides have gone up £150 from what I paid this morning.

Just happy to be booked - I had looked at Cunard cruises, QV doing similar trip and 3 or 4 times the price !

Happy sailing everyone

Lesley

I'd received an email about these this morning, and of course the prices are fantastic, but having had a read on the web and looked at a few videos, the Oceana looks a pretty boring ship to me, with not much in the way of diverse activities to keep you occupied across many sea days. Is that a fair assumption, or not?

59 minutes ago, BillieJeanKaraokeKing said:

I'd received an email about these this morning, and of course the prices are fantastic, but having had a read on the web and looked at a few videos, the Oceana looks a pretty boring ship to me, with not much in the way of diverse activities to keep you occupied across many sea days. Is that a fair assumption, or not?

Depends how much you want to be entertained.  There will be guest speakers,  art classes,  quizzes etc, but if you are looking for a party ship, this is not for you.  We are happy to mooch around, sit on the balcony,  stroll round the decks and generally make our own entertainment. 

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, BillieJeanKaraokeKing said:

As Wowzz says, it depends on what you are looking for.

There is a definite difference between the older, smaller ships and the larger, newer ships.

Not just in size and amount of passengers, but the quality and amount of entertainment and general things to do consistently throughout the day.

We treat them as 2 different holidays and enjoy both equally in different ways. 

We have upcoming Aurora, where we will relax and chill out, something we can never do at home, then Britannia where we will get much more involved.

Andy

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, BillieJeanKaraokeKing said:

Thanks both. I'm certainly past the age of all action, but just worry we'll personally struggle to stretch things out across up to eight sea days.  Though one cannot argue at the prices and no flying lol

I never thought I'd do a TA and couldn't imagine what we'd find to do but surpringly we've done three and thoroughly enjoyed them despite always maintaining we were 'port' rather than 'sea day' people. 

It's a change of pace - but we find there's quite a lot going on.  The lectures, films, port talks (which on an outward TA aren't at all rushed!), classical concerts as well as games, quizzes etc offer quite a bit of diversion.  They usually have a passenger choir run by the musical director or someone from the entettainment team for anyone who enjoys singing. They rehearse in preparation for a performance at the end of the cruise.  I like reading and always save a book or two I've been looking forward to reading for such trips - a tome like one of Ken Follet's Century Trilogy proved a winner for lots of sea days!   And there's always the library.  If you want some exercise, there's the gym, pool (usually very quiet because of the nature of the cruise it's unlikely to have children) and many people set themselves targets for laps of the deck each day to say nothing of relaxing afterwards on deck!  

It's surprising too how long a coffee can last once you start chatting to other passengers who,  like you, have plenty of time!  

It's different but we find it's another style of cruise which has its merits. If you take the plunge, I hope you'll find the positives too.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, kruzseeka said:

I never thought I'd do a TA and couldn't imagine what we'd find to do but surpringly we've done three and thoroughly enjoyed them despite always maintaining we were 'port' rather than 'sea day' people. 

It's a change of pace - but we find there's quite a lot going on.  The lectures, films, port talks (which on an outward TA aren't at all rushed!), classical concerts as well as games, quizzes etc offer quite a bit of diversion.  They usually have a passenger choir run by the musical director or someone from the entettainment team for anyone who enjoys singing. They rehearse in preparation for a performance at the end of the cruise.  I like reading and always save a book or two I've been looking forward to reading for such trips - a tome like one of Ken Follet's Century Trilogy proved a winner for lots of sea days!   And there's always the library.  If you want some exercise, there's the gym, pool (usually very quiet because of the nature of the cruise it's unlikely to have children) and many people set themselves targets for laps of the deck each day to say nothing of relaxing afterwards on deck!  

It's surprising too how long a coffee can last once you start chatting to other passengers who,  like you, have plenty of time!  

It's different but we find it's another style of cruise which has its merits. If you take the plunge, I hope you'll find the positives too.  

Perfect explanation of how to make the most of your cruise. 

Wind down, kick back and relax.

Andy

On 8/21/2019 at 9:47 PM, AndyMichelle said:

Perfect explanation of how to make the most of your cruise. 

Wind down, kick back and relax.

Andy

New Oceana winter 2019 cruises to replace Dubai

15668896616546403388042685099182.jpg

15668897656497209072681202529414.jpg

Edited by grapau27

Well, we've decided to give P&O and Oceana a try, in January, so will see how we go.  Sure we'll be fine regardless, as we're not moaners, and always ensure we're occupied as best able. It'll also give us a better impression of whether Aurora to Canada next September for a big birthday remains on the list after sampling the cruise line 🙂