Medical Emergency on Carnival Breeze on 07-13-2019

Garf

My wife got sick on the Tuesday night of this cruise and the Carnival Medical Staff on the Breeze did a great job to stabilize her. When we got to Mahogany Bay on the Wednesday, we had to air lift her back to Florida in the USA. Thanks again carnival for you help and attentions, we have been cruising from 1990 and this has never happen to us before.

Embarkation:Started at 10:30am and we were on the ship by 10:50am.

Port Canaveral: Is a really great port and the service there is great.I have been using this port since 2006.We always get on board between 10:45am- 11:00am, this without purchasing Fast to the Fun!!. The slowest boarding we have had is on the Sunshine last year 2018 to Bermuda and that was at 11:30am.

Ship: The Carnival Breeze is a great ship,clean and well laid-out, Its just like the Magic with lighter colors.

Cabin: 7325 Balcony, was fine, great room service.

Dining: Was good in the dining room for our 6:00pm dinner.I saw a cut back in the lunch buffet selection.

Entertainment:Was good, the adult show on Tuesday night was great and lot of activities.

Services:Overall service was great ( Again I thank the medical staff for saving my wife life when she could not breathe).

Ports:Did not go on excursion in Cozumel or Belize,I have visited there before on Carnival.We got of in Mahogany Bay in Honduras and air ambulance my wife back to Florida.

Next cruise:I will be platinum , looking forward to that.

Just a reminder when you are looking for a cruise line, make sure to check all important info including medical. This was an eye opener for us and we have been sailing from 1990, We have been on RCL and NCL also.( Age group 55) This was our 30 years Anniversary cruise too.

Hope this help !!

• Like 9

I hope your wife is doing well, and all is good.  I am so glad to hear that the medical staff did a great job.  

Congratulations on 30 years!  I hope you get your next cruise soon!

Glad all worked out and we all hope your wife is feeling better and you get to cruise again soon with her in good health.

Cudos to Carnival for the great medical care - 

Just a reminder to all those who read this how important good travel insurance is as you never know when you may need and have to use it. Medical care is always expensive especially if one has to be airlifted back to US soil.

• Like 2

How wonderful, you are so upbeat, and I am sure that helped in your situation.  Hoping that your wife is totally recovered so that you can get back to planning your 'next' cruise and becoming Platinum.  Your advice is 'spot on' .  Congratulations!!

We had a similar situation on a Carnival cruise about 9 years ago.  The medical staff was excellent and saved my husband's life, also. Airlifted back to the US from Martinique after a 9 day hospitalization there.   We did not have trip insurance so that was the painful part, lol.  We never travel without it now.  

• Like 1

23 hours ago, spotte said:

We had a similar situation on a Carnival cruise about 9 years ago.  The medical staff was excellent and saved my husband's life, also. Airlifted back to the US from Martinique after a 9 day hospitalization there.   We did not have trip insurance so that was the painful part, lol.  We never travel without it now.  

Happy your husband is fine !!

Glad to read that your wife is going better.

Happy 30th. Anniversary - ( many more to come ).

It goes to show how important it is to have "Travel Insurance".

Never know when something could happen - can be very costly to be air lifted back to your home country may it be Canada, US or elsewhere....

I hope all is well now,

I am glad I read this, I am on a tight budget and had thought about cancelling the insurance. Doing so would have gotten my cruise paid off. This is the first time I have even bought insurance. I managed to keep it and pay it off so all is good now and I don’t need to worry about if anything happens.

well wishes 

On 8/17/2019 at 5:15 PM, JerseyGirlJen said:

I hope your wife is feeling better, and I'm glad Carnival did a great job to help her.  How scary that must've been.  Congrats on soon to be Platinum!  I'm staying in the same room you had on the Breeze, I'm glad you liked it!!  

Thank's.. 7325 is a great balcony cabin , balcony is small but comfortable for two people. Enjoy !! Not too far from the elevator and great mid-ship location.

• Like 1