Is NCL's Laundry Detergent Fragrance Free?

ready2cruzagain

May sound like a strange question but allergic to fragrances here and get free laundry with Platinum.  On MSC last year they had a note in the cabin that stated their laundry detergent was fragrance free.  I was wondering if NCL's detergent is fragrance free also.  Never thought about it in the past but just discovered the allergy this year and now wondering even about the sheets on the bed.

I'm interested in this as well.  I've never done NCL laundry on a cruise, but I plan to on my next.

Like the OP, I'm allergic to fragrances in detergent and other things and have very sensitive skin in general.  I've been on a number of NCL cruises, and for some reason about halfway through each cruise I tend to come down with a weird skin rash.  It tends to go away quickly once I return home.  I always wondered if it was because of the type of laundry detergent they use or something else?

Never really thought about it until now but I can't recall ever smelling the towels or pillow covers and thinking, wow that smells like a spring meadow.  🙂

I would GUESS for costs that they use cheap detergent that wouln't have foo foo smells added.  I'd be surprised if anyone had a definitive answer to your question.

if allergic I would not send laundry out. Even if there detergent is who knows what is on the other clothes yours are being washed with? Not saying anything bad but others may used detergent at home that has something you are allergic to and it might get transferred to your clothes.... the few times we have sent clothes out it has come back with a "clean" smell and folded almost like they put everything thru a presser.

Edited by bobsfamily

As BirdTravels accurately points out your laundry is mixed in with others.  That's why when you do the BTS tour they show you in the laundry area how they tag each individual piece BEFORE it gets washed.

Fragrance?  We've been Platinum for awhile & we take advantage of the free bag of laundry on every cruise.  To be honest we've noticed a "clean" smell but not any overpowering fragrance, per se.

My 2 cents.

I have incredibly sensitive skin - I wear 90% natural fabrics and use "Free" detergent at home (and do not have any scented products in our home), I have used NCL laundry, been happy with the results & didn't have an issue with the smell. I do not send  my socks or underwear to the laundry

47 minutes ago, YVRBassElectric said:

I have incredibly sensitive skin - I wear 90% natural fabrics and use "Free" detergent at home (and do not have any scented products in our home), I have used NCL laundry, been happy with the results & didn't have an issue with the smell. I do not send  my socks or underwear to the laundry

Thank you for the info, it's not the smell that I am allergic to, it is whenever something with a fragrance touches me then I break out with a rash.  Pretty much fragrance free at home (even dish soap) but mousse and hair spray are hard to come by without fragrances.  They will say unscented but then you read the ingredients and it says perfume added, geez.