Adding another passenger

19 hours ago, DisneyQueen999 said:

He didn't pay double occupancy rate, but if what he did pay was the solo rate then RCI don't give much discount.

I priced his room recently and double occupancy is £7400.

I booked his room, it's a family holiday. It never occured to me to book double occupancy at the time 'just in case' and I didn't even know you could do that without supplying the other guest's name. 

I don't have anything to add to this thread but I just wanted to say I like your cute cat! 🙂

• 4 months later...

Just an update on this question.

I phoned RCL again today and chose the option to make changes to my booking. Spoke to a very helpful man who was quite willing to add DS's GF to the booking without DS losing his deposit.

As is happened DS wanted to change his room anyway (mad IMHO as it had a huge balcony), but he still kept his deposit.

Just goes to show that it depends who you speak to at RCL and how helpful they want to be.

5 stars to the guy I spoke to he made my day!

On 8/18/2019 at 10:33 AM, brillohead said:

Just want to add that my experience of price protection for the second passenger applies only when paying Full Single Supplement (double the fare).   

I added my son last year for no extra fare to a solo priced cabin.  You never know

4 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

I added my son last year for no extra fare to a solo priced cabin.  You never know

So you originally booked the room at the 150% reduced single supplement rate and they didn't make you pay the rest of the fare when you added him?   

1 hour ago, brillohead said:

So you originally booked the room at the 150% reduced single supplement rate and they didn't make you pay the rest of the fare when you added him?   

Yep, Serenade TA last spring. I was surprised.

I attribute it to clean living🤣🤣

Now I eventtually did give them more money by winning a RoyalUP to a balcony

Edited by John&LaLa
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Yep, Serenade TA last spring. I was surprised.

I can see that happening.

Because it’s not shown as a line item discount they basically have to manually change the fare.  It would be easy enough for the rep to not know that the fare had been reduced to reflect the 150% solo rate. 

Nothing on the booking invoice shows that the fare has been reduced to a 150% solo rate.  There are probably comments in their notes section but from my experience they don’t automatically  review those with every change to the booking. 

• Thanks 1