Carnival Glory - LIVE - Aug 25-Sep 1 - NOLA - Montego Bay, Grand Cayman, Cozumel

Saint Greg

I don’t get the backing into parking spaces thing. I don’t remember this always being a thing...but it is now. And I don’t get it. 

It’s so annoying and potentially dangerous when I’m driving through a parking lot and suddenly the car in front of me suddenly stops...then starts backing towards me. Then I get to sit there for 5 minutes while they try to back it into a spot just right. 

I see people in empty lots. No cars around. They could just pull through. But they don’t. They stop. And back it in. I don’t get it. Are the practicing for a Saturday afternoon shopping trip? Are they trying to get their moneys worth on that rear camera like that extra drink on the cheers package?

I was talking about this at lunch recently and a guy at the table next to us overheard and said it was due to the oil field workers. They have a rule that they have to back in at work.

I’m still not buying it. It’s not just the oil workers in the big trucks. I’ll see a little old lady in a Prius backing into a space.

Maybe people just like to use their rear cameras. I don’t know. I wish people would just park normally like we used to. 

Edited by Saint Greg
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

Really? I’m all setup for the money shot and this clown decides to back it in? This captain must be from Louisiana or Texas.

I was really close to the bridge and I wasn’t telling the captain he was #1

54 minutes ago, j1d1 said:

Somebody needs to teach Carnival how to make a biscuit.  Those look inedible.  Stark contrast with the scramble which looks really good.

Yeah I don’t eat the biscuits. I had a bite of one yesterday...not good.

• Like 1

Those sunset pictures are beautiful! 

Question about the drinks from alchemy?  They look really amazing. Do you have any problems with all the sugar from the juices? I find that if I drink more than one or two drinks with sugar/alcohol mix, I get a stomach ache. That's why I usually stick with wine or diet coke with spiced rum.

5 minutes ago, bnbeyer said:

Those sunset pictures are beautiful! 

Question about the drinks from alchemy?  They look really amazing. Do you have any problems with all the sugar from the juices? I find that if I drink more than one or two drinks with sugar/alcohol mix, I get a stomach ache. That's why I usually stick with wine or diet coke with spiced rum.

They don’t bother me.

We will be taking this same cruise on Sept. 8th.  Couple of questions...  Do the self-serve laundry machines on the Glory take S&S cards?  Did you ever find a secret hot-tub/whirlpool in the spa area that did not require a spa pass or spa cabin?  Do you remember which pier your tender docked at in Grand Cayman?

Thanks for the great review.  I am living vicariously through your adventures...  9 day countdown (with a 3-day pre-cruise vacation in NOLA).

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

Bartender makes a difference on these. Christina left and this one isn’t as good.

238A06B8-2932-46D7-BAA5-56E1182A8345.jpeg

I've heard there's a good Bloody Mary bartender in the Havana bar on Vista. Sure hope I find him in October. Any special way you order yours made?

2 minutes ago, pamici said:

I've heard there's a good Bloody Mary bartender in the Havana bar on Vista. Sure hope I find him in October. Any special way you order yours made?

Spicy

When I was on Vista I used Miguel from DR at the atrium bar. He also did card tricks. May not be there anymore though.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Sophia67 said:

We will be taking this same cruise on Sept. 8th.  Couple of questions...  Do the self-serve laundry machines on the Glory take S&S cards?  Did you ever find a secret hot-tub/whirlpool in the spa area that did not require a spa pass or spa cabin?  Do you remember which pier your tender docked at in Grand Cayman?

Thanks for the great review.  I am living vicariously through your adventures...  9 day countdown (with a 3-day pre-cruise vacation in NOLA).

1. I’m sure but will verify. I haven’t seen a coin one since Elation.

2. Haven’t looked for a secret hot tub. If it exists it has to be in the spa.

3. This one

674F5E70-44C9-4C95-8194-1C1A5450200F.png

1 hour ago, Saint Greg said:

I don’t get the backing into parking spaces thing. I don’t remember this always being a thing...but it is now. And I don’t get it. 

It’s so annoying and potentially dangerous when I’m driving through a parking lot and suddenly the car in front of me suddenly stops...then starts backing towards me. Then I get to sit there for 5 minutes while they try to back it into a spot just right. 

I see people in empty lots. No cars around. They could just pull through. But they don’t. They stop. And back it in. I don’t get it. Are the practicing for a Saturday afternoon shopping trip? Are they trying to get their moneys worth on that rear camera like that extra drink on the cheers package?

I was talking about this at lunch recently and a guy at the table next to us overheard and said it was due to the oil field workers. They have a rule that they have to back in at work.

I’m still not buying it. It’s not just the oil workers in the big trucks. I’ll see a little old lady in a Prius backing into a space.

Maybe people just like to use their rear cameras. I don’t know. I wish people would just park normally like we used to. 

Not me! I always find a pull through spot! 

• Like 1