Pixels photo package............

CorvetteLady

Are you talking about the pick 5 pics, and get a canvas print, for $99.95?  It is my understanding that you can pick any 5 pics you wish, out of all they take.  Be aware that picking the 8x10's would give you the best bang for your buck, but the choice is yours.

I was trying to find a way to email them, and ask if we could exchange the canvas print, for a couple extra 8x10's, but couldn't find a way to email them.  I have absolutely no room to hand a canvas print picture. lol

• Like 1

7 hours ago, CorvetteLady said:

Pixels photo package.................good idea?  Thinking about getting this, can you really pick any photo?  I always get the welcome aboard photo, would that be included or do they put any restrictions on what you can choose?

We did a review if you would like to watch.

https://youtu.be/QPfH1CyHiDI

• Like 2

I know the pictures are very expensive, and for me, it is hard to choose which pictures I want, and which ones not to keep.  It does help a tad if some of them are not the 8 x 10, as they are a tad cheaper, but we cannot pick all pictures in the smaller size.  Pictures are the main item I spend my money on the ship for. 🙂

JQTravels, when you said you did a review, is it a review about the ship itself, or about how the Pixel picture system works?

• Like 1

Yes,

pick any five. Canvas looks great.

A tip is to take advantage of the first day special that was Buy one get one for the embarkation photo. We purchased those to allow for the 5 free prints at full price. 

Seems like a good deal if you have the desire for photos.

• Like 2

JQTravels, thank you for your video.  I have to go to bed, so I was not able to see all of it, but part of it.  We will be on the Horizon, or plan to in March for the first time.  I would like to take advantage of the $99 or $100 package.  Now how do you go about doing this "before" you get on the ship, or maybe I misunderstood what you said? Now I would want the five 8 x 10 pictures, and NOT the canvas.  Does the canvas come with the 5 or extra?  Can we wait until the day or two before we get off the ship to pick our pictures, or do we have to do this each day, or the next day after we take them? Normally I am purchasing them the very next day of what I want.  Did I understand you to say they don't do the 5 x 7, only the 8 x 10?

The best value is for 8x10, you can select 5x7, but it reduces the value of purchasing the package. We took a ton of pictures with the photographers and had about 40 8x10 to select from.

Also, the canvas, they tell you to select one of your five by a certain time on the last day so they can print for you. I do not recall the time. We selected ours on the last day, and I picked up the canvas on the morning of debarkation. I believe pixels was open 7am-9am. 

We did get 5 8x10 and one canvas for the package price. 

hope this helps

What happened to Carnival's all digital deal? Don't they have anything better than this? On my previous Royal Caribbean sailing they had $249 all digital, as many pictures you want. And if you purchased the all digital package, it was $5 to print any photos that you wanted. Doesn't Carnival have anything similar any longer? Or even close? 

📸

59 minutes ago, ObstructedView2 said:

What happened to Carnival's all digital deal? Don't they have anything better than this? On my previous Royal Caribbean sailing they had $249 all digital, as many pictures you want. And if you purchased the all digital package, it was $5 to print any photos that you wanted. Doesn't Carnival have anything similar any longer? Or even close? 

📸

that was a temporary test, on just a couple ships, then they cancelled it. I hate that, because we would get that every time if we could.

Edited by MemphisFan
spelling
  • Thanks 1

OK, so if I want to get the $99, or $100 deal for the 5  8 x 10 pictures (don't need the canvas), how do I go about doing this?  In other words, do I go to Pixels area as soon as I get on the ship, or can I order this before we cruise or what?

I gather, even if I get the special deal, I can still purchase other 5 x 7 or 8 x 10's for the regular price, right?

39 minutes ago, beshears said:

OK, so if I want to get the $99, or $100 deal for the 5  8 x 10 pictures (don't need the canvas), how do I go about doing this?  In other words, do I go to Pixels area as soon as I get on the ship, or can I order this before we cruise or what?

I gather, even if I get the special deal, I can still purchase other 5 x 7 or 8 x 10's for the regular price, right?

If you buy the Pixel Package ($99) it INCLUDES the canvas.  it is not an extra cost.  It is actually what makes it worth the cost.  Yes you can buy as many pictures as you like additionally.  They are $20 each typically.

6&8

I have reviewed the boards and the Carnival site but cannot find an answer to my question. I am hoping this thread is close enough to the topic.

My inquiry is not about the Pixels package but about digital copies. On the Carnival site, they list the digital options as either being to your personal device (I would imagine this means on my phone with the HUB app) or a copy on a memory stick.

Do they provide the memory stick? If not, do they sell them or should I bring my own? 

I would appreciate any direction for those in the know. 😁

OK, thank you for sending that to me.  Thank you for letting me know how I can bring this information up on the Pixel package.

OK, if I am reading this right, I can purchase it a day or so before we get on the ship, right?

On 8/17/2019 at 3:31 PM, GranysT said:

I was trying to find a way to email them, and ask if we could exchange the canvas print, for a couple extra 8x10's, but couldn't find a way to email them.  I have absolutely no room to hand a canvas print picture. lol

the answer is no.   you can pick any 5 pictures but that canvas must be one of your choices 

32 minutes ago, CRYSTAL01 said:

If we don’t purchase this pixels package, how much are the individual 5x7s and 8x10s on board?  And, do you get the digital image as well as a printed copy?

8 x 10 are 22.99 last cruise     4x 6 = 14.99   not all ships have digital stores. 

you can not buy a 5 x 7 without buying the 8 x 10      and most times those 4 x 6 are printed out on 8 x 10 using a larger border   with wording and dates and name of port etc  

I have purchased the Pixel Package already ahead of my Feb 2020 cruise. My questions is... Can I purchase a 2nd Pixel Package to better my value for getting more pictures vs buying the pictures separate? Or is this package limited to ONE per person or cabin?

We always want to purchase most of our pictures taken onboard because they are always so good and usually gift them to family.

JMarlowe, that is a good question.  I know since I purchase so many pictures, I would like to know that as well.  More than likely it is just a one time purchase, as they are out to MAKE more money on the pictures, not less.

8 minutes ago, beshears said:

JMarlowe, that is a good question.  I know since I purchase so many pictures, I would like to know that as well.  More than likely it is just a one time purchase, as they are out to MAKE more money on the pictures, not less.

That is my guess as well. That is what we loved about Princess.. they have the option to purchase a package to get all of the photos. We did that for our anniversary trip to Alaska. It was $250 (I think) but we ended up with about 65 8x10 pics. Was a awesome deal!