Costa SMERALDA & Costa Passepartour PLEASE

Parraboy

1 hour ago, Parraboy said:

Mmmmm 

Bit side tracked along the way Ladies....  So no real consensus about these tours and value.  I am leaning towards them as it is 4 hour tours and gives you time to self explore as well.....  

Any one got an update on the Passpartour packages ?

Thank you..

Not sidetracked, just other questions come up with responses. 

To your question about the passepartour, I think the value is obvious if you do the available tours everyday or most days during the cruise.  If you dont or want more than the average 4 to 5 hour tour, when in port 10 to 12 hours, the passepartour  may not be a true value.  It is one of those things you have to weigh out for yourself based on your own preferences.  I, for example, would like to do Cinque Terre while in La Spezia.  It is not availalbe through the passepartour so that would be an additional 65 to 90 euro per person if I went with the passepartour.  That means one less day of the passepartour, which increases the cost per day.  While I am still considering the passepartour, I have to weigh out if I want to do the tours for the other days.  If I only do 2 of the tours, for example, there is mo value.  I think this may be understood by others and that is why there is little weigh in.

Hope this helps

Got loads of responses from people about the passetour now. "good value if you plan to do your trips through Costa" "awful lots of tours can be chosen from" and "if any you fancyaren't included you get 155 off the price of them".

My phone has gone ballistic since I have posted this. Good thing I am having a break at the moment!

Riana

We are on the Smeralda departing from Rome on 11/14/19.  We looked at the tours available through Costa but didn't want to be with such a large group, preferring smaller tours.  The recommendations for www.Italytours.EU on Cruise Critic are very good.  We have a a tour with www.Italytours.EU lined up for 11/15 in La Spezia going to Florence & Pisa.  We are a party of 4 but need a party of 6 for a price break.  I posted the tour info on The Roll Call for this cruise months ago but there doesn't seem to be much activity on Costa Roll Calls for the Smeralda, at least for our cruise.  Check out the website for this tour company and read the reviews and compare to Costa tours. 

17 hours ago, alicat58 said:

I have. Called it Smerelda tours and a few bits.

Thanks for the info, but I could not find the facebook group.  I will look for your thread here.  Not proficient with Cruise Critic, as I only come on this site when cruising.  

Edited by TheLakeGirl

Hi Riana

Your fantastic and have done a great job with this. Really appreciate it.  I hope I didn't offend you before as it wasn't my intention.  This is the most disorganised I have ever been on a cruise.  We are actually doing one from Venice on 3/11/2019 on MSC Magnifica then doing this one on 16/11/2019.   Most of my ports are sorted on Cruise 1 but not on this one unfortunately.  Little Aussie brain not working too well...  One part is saying just wing it and go with the flow when we arrive at port as they are such long port days  but then the smarter side says be planned as greater opportunity to see more and do more in these great cities.....  Some of the Ports on Cruise 1 are 5 hours only on MSC ... argh. 

To everyone who has contributed so far - thank you !

1 hour ago, Parraboy said:

Hi Riana

Your fantastic and have done a great job with this. Really appreciate it.  I hope I didn't offend you before as it wasn't my intention.  This is the most disorganised I have ever been on a cruise.  We are actually doing one from Venice on 3/11/2019 on MSC Magnifica then doing this one on 16/11/2019.   Most of my ports are sorted on Cruise 1 but not on this one unfortunately.  Little Aussie brain not working too well...  One part is saying just wing it and go with the flow when we arrive at port as they are such long port days  but then the smarter side says be planned as greater opportunity to see more and do more in these great cities.....  Some of the Ports on Cruise 1 are 5 hours only on MSC ... argh. 

To everyone who has contributed so far - thank you !

If this is your first time in Venice, I hope you love it like I do.  It is one of my favorite places in the world!!  I will be there for Carnivale before the CC cruise in February 2020.  As for being disorganized, I know the feeling as I usually research until my brain hurts but no longer have the head for it.  

Parraboy, not offended at all. Felt bad that we were hijacking your thread. We love Venice. We have had 2 land based holidays and cruised from there a few times. With Venice the obvious thing to do would be see Rialto, St.Marks and just stroll about. You can get lost in the small alleys but it does not matter at all. My best advice for Venice if you are staying for a few days,  will be to get a waterbus pass. The Alilaguna is more expensive and the taxis ridiculous. A gondola ride will be expensive too but it is one of those things you do once in a life time. We have been inside St.Marks-if I remember you need to get the right timing because the lights are not on all the time. Might have changed. We have also been inside the Doge palace and it was amazing. Venice is most beautiful with the sun on the buildings on the grand canal. Hope you have some sunny days. We certainly did when we sailed a very similar time 4 years ago. It was very warm!

Please let me know how you enjoyed the MSC Magnifica. We were on the Seaview in June and really enjoyed it. Grandiosa booked for January.

To be honest, I make all these plans, have print outs etc and then we just go with the flow. The best times to be had that way, even on those short port days.

I am starting to look at the weather in South Africa in 2weeks time. DD is marrying her Aussie on 29/9. Apparently Cape town if half way between London and Perth😲.

Have a wonderful time.

Riana

Hi All

Having looked at the actual tours in closer detail I am starting to get a little bit undecided now.  Nothing is jumping out at me.  Not sure if I can justify $1000 AUD for some tours I am not really excited about.   Would be happy to do it just want to do a few things to please all of us not just two.   ANYONE want a teenager or two ( toilet trained & self sufficient almost ) ..

Might have to look through your suggestions again on the new link you created.......    Starting to regret a two month holiday through Europe including two cruises.... what was Dad thinking ? 

Heavens! No thanks to the teenagers. 

What an adventure to have 2 months holiday. TBH with the Med is so easy to do your own thing in most ports. Look at the potential excursions and do something similar by yourself. Not stuck on a coach with horsed of others.

Have fun.

Riana

Thank you so much Riana. 

LUCKY or CRAZY I havent worked it out.   Coming so far from Australia to Europe , I always cram all my leave together to maximise the adventure.     By the end of the 2 months, we are all glad to be apart from each other.   LOL 

1 minute ago, Parraboy said:

Thank you so much Riana. 

LUCKY or CRAZY I havent worked it out.   Coming so far from Australia to Europe , I always cram all my leave together to maximise the adventure.     By the end of the 2 months, we are all glad to be apart from each other.   LOL 

So you will be in need of a hjoliday.🍻

9 hours ago, Parraboy said:

Hi All

Having looked at the actual tours in closer detail I am starting to get a little bit undecided now.  Nothing is jumping out at me.  Not sure if I can justify $1000 AUD for some tours I am not really excited about.   Would be happy to do it just want to do a few things to please all of us not just two.   ANYONE want a teenager or two ( toilet trained & self sufficient almost ) ..

Might have to look through your suggestions again on the new link you created.......    Starting to regret a two month holiday through Europe including two cruises.... what was Dad thinking ? 

Like has been mentioned, another way to go is do it on your own and do the research.  What ports are you going to again?  I will be more than happy to help with the ports I am familiar with.

9 hours ago, Parraboy said:

Hi All

Similar to what has been mentioned, you can do your own thing with some research.  What ports are you going to again?  I can give info on the ports I am familiar with on things to do.  As for the teenagers, I have two, 57+ aged men I am traveling with that are more like teenagers, especially with the potty training.  Who knows what they will deem as an appropriate location and self-sufficiency is questionable.

Hi the Lake Girl

Our cruise is visiting :

Sun Marseille France  8.30am to 5pm

Mon : Barcelona    8am to 7pm

Tue   Palma Mallorca   8am to 6pm

Wed Sea

Thur Civitavecchia 8am to 7pm

Fri La Spezia 8.30am to 8.30pm 

Sat :  Return Savona 

Very long days in ports, good hours and plenty opportunity to see things there.  Hence the mad panic becuase I havent got myself organised and not overly excited about the  Passpartour offerings...

Kind regards and thank you to everyone that helped me out so far.

We regret to inform you that as a result of delays in the construction of the Costa Smeralda, the schedule of the new flagshop will undergo some changes.
The first cruise will leave Savona on 30 November 2019. The itinerary, which will offered until April 2021, has not changed: One week in the Eastern Mediterranean with stops at Savona (Saturday), Marseilles (Sunday), Barcelong (Monday), Palma di Mallorca (Tuesday), Civitavecchia (Thursday) and La Spezia (Friday).
We are very sorry and are arranging to inform the travel agencies and the guests booked on departures with the Costa Smeralda before 30 November 2019.