Is Escape headed to drydock Oct 2020?

2bc cruisers

18 hours ago, gatorchinsky said:

The rationale is that the go karts and laser tag did not impress us.  Why would we then go on the Encore which has the same for fee activities and even less public deck space?  With both ships out of Miami when we sail we chose to go back on the Escape.  We love the Escape and will have a great time.

I'd bet good money the Escape will have less public deck space after the drydock. They'll do the disgusting Vibe expansion that they just did on the Getaway. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...
40 minutes ago, alwalaska said:

Hopefully this isn't a non-allowed link, but this confirms an Oct 22-25, 2020 Dry Dock.   I'd be interested to know if anyone hears anything about a Spring one and what is slated to occur.  We don't sail until October 2021.

Hi there, I think that Im missing your link.

4 hours ago, blueslily said:

Hi there, I think that Im missing your link.

5 hours ago, alwalaska said:

Hopefully this isn't a non-allowed link, but this confirms an Oct 22-25, 2020 Dry Dock.   I'd be interested to know if anyone hears anything about a Spring one and what is slated to occur.  We don't sail until October 2021.

Sorry.  Here is the link http://crew-center.com/norwegian-cruise-line-dry-dock-cruise-ship-schedule-2020 

7 hours ago, 2bc cruisers said:

I cancelled my booking for the oct 2020 TA.  We sailed the Getaway TA this fall, and decided it’s not our thing.   

I have yet to do a TA, but want to try one in 2020 or 2021. What was not your thing about the TA? Thanks! 

10 hours ago, alwalaska said:

3 days seems short for a drydock. most drydocks is a minimum of atleast a week or two

5 hours ago, alwalaska said:

I wonder why ncl is selling a cruise to the Caribbean from New York when according to this schedule it will be in dry dock on the gem.

Edited by hladygirl

1 hour ago, blueslily said:

I have yet to do a TA, but want to try one in 2020 or 2021. What was not your thing about the TA? Thanks! 

admittedly, much of what was distasteful was weather related. 
We had horrible weather while crossing North Atlantic.  Extremely Windy - Hurricane Pablo- rainy, dreary, weather, missed our Azores stop due to weather, this made for 7 straight sea days, Ugh.  
i would consider doing another TA with a more southerly route, say from Barcelona or Rome, but husband says, nope.  

1 hour ago, hladygirl said:

I wonder why ncl is selling a cruise to the Caribbean from New York when according to this schedule it will be in dry dock on the gem.

that site always always has fake information, it is not accurate or up to date with the latest info 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, shof515 said:

3 days seems short for a drydock. most drydocks is a minimum of atleast a week or two

Hopefully NCL doesn't wait until last minute and then cancel a bunch of cruises like it did on POA.  Everyone keeps saying it needs a 5 year inspection dry dock, but now they have filled most of the schedule for the Escape.  The only thing that doesn't seem to be booked is from what I can figure out playing with the schedule is between 2-3 weeks of unscheduled time after the TA spring of 2021, BUT, it stops in London and the next cruise starts in Copenhagen, so there could be a re positioning cruise not yet on the books. 

2 hours ago, shof515 said:

that site always always has fake information, it is not accurate or up to date with the latest info 

Thanks for the info. I wish there was somewhere with reliable info, but NCL seems to be tight lipped about it.

1 hour ago, alwalaska said:

Hopefully NCL doesn't wait until last minute and then cancel a bunch of cruises like it did on POA.  Everyone keeps saying it needs a 5 year inspection dry dock, but now they have filled most of the schedule for the Escape.  The only thing that doesn't seem to be booked is from what I can figure out playing with the schedule is between 2-3 weeks of unscheduled time after the TA spring of 2021, BUT, it stops in London and the next cruise starts in Copenhagen, so there could be a re positioning cruise not yet on the books. 

I think from the reports on POA they muffed that one and/or got bumped by the Navy.

While not applicable for Escape, older ships have to drydock more frequently.

22 hours ago, 2bc cruisers said:

admittedly, much of what was distasteful was weather related. 
We had horrible weather while crossing North Atlantic.  Extremely Windy - Hurricane Pablo- rainy, dreary, weather, missed our Azores stop due to weather, this made for 7 straight sea days, Ugh.  
i would consider doing another TA with a more southerly route, say from Barcelona or Rome, but husband says, nope.  

Ok. I can't hold weather against a cruise line. Weather could be an issue for many sailings depending on location and time of year. Thanks for the response. Helps me continue with my plan of giving a TA a try. I will just keep location and time of year in mind. So, will research more. Thanks

• 1 month later...
5 minutes ago, tammytheCDN said:

I just booked Escape for Nov 21, 2020.  I noticed a toggle that affected room categories through out the whole ship.  I have attached screen shots.  Before Oct 11, 2020 and after.  

Before Oct 11.JPG

After oct 11.JPG

This may or may not be confirmation of something happening.   They did this on the Sun when there wasn't a dry dock.  They moved the 4 person cabins into a more expensive category of "family" cabins.  It is interesting timing, right when people were saying the required 5-year inspections would be, but, there is an Oct 11 cruise.

What I don't see is a cruise between when the Escape arrives in South Hampton on the 21st and the 26th when it leaves for the transatlantic crossing back to warmer temps for the winter.