ideas for a Sky 25th anniversary surprise reveal?

Flafun888

Booked a Sky sailing for next spring as a 25th anniversary gift to DH. Anniversary is this Dec. I'll be giving the gift a couple of weeks before our anniversary, as I want to make sure he can get the time off work before final payment lol. I was just going to print the itinerary and maybe frame or package it in a gift box. The ship is new, so not sure if there are any keychains or another little trinket that might be available by Dec to jazz up the fun factor.

But there are some super smart, creative people on this forum...so thought I'd ask: any fun, inexpensive ideas for the reveal? 

Absolutely make two shirts !

Just thought of something. If your DH isn’t into wearing logo tee shirts,

perhaps you could have a card, poster or banner custom made for the occasion. 

Also thought of this, call Princess and ask if they have a cruise catalogue that includes the Sky voyages for 2019-2020. You could put a bookmark where your cruise is listed. Wrap the catalogue In anniversary wrapping paper and give him the gift.

Or, you could try to print out the Sky deck plans from the Princess website and highlight your cabin as well as places on the ship you plan to enjoy together.Wrap the pages together as a gift.

• Like 1

We get a Cruise Door or Refrigerator Magnet from Bonni/Cruise DesignsBB for each cruise.  She’s online.  She can do most any design.  Last one, was a picture of the Royal Princess with our names and cruise and ship.  I won’t include that one since I don’t know where the pic of the Royal came from, but attached are two other designs that we had for our door.  She has them for birthdays and anniversaries.

hope that helps.  DW loves them.  Safe Journeys.  Paul

F9A5B74B-BF37-43B4-BF9D-D3B5B201D2E5.jpeg

92C423EC-4494-45F1-963C-6116DCE01BF9.jpeg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Flafun888 said:

Clever idea, Potstech - alas - I don't know anyone with a 3D printer. 🙂

Check your local library university or high school.  Or look for a " Makerspace" in your area.  You would be surprised where they are at.

Also consider a sticker made out of printable vinyl.  Someone with a Cricut or Silouhette can contour cut it for you.

Edited by Potstech
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, pjrockman said:

We get a Cruise Door or Refrigerator Magnet from Bonni/Cruise DesignsBB for each cruise.  She’s online.  She can do most any design.  Last one, was a picture of the Royal Princess with our names and cruise and ship.  I won’t include that one since I don’t know where the pic of the Royal came from, but attached are two other designs that we had for our door.  She has them for birthdays and anniversaries.

hope that helps.  DW loves them.  Safe Journeys.  Paul

F9A5B74B-BF37-43B4-BF9D-D3B5B201D2E5.jpeg

92C423EC-4494-45F1-963C-6116DCE01BF9.jpeg

Nice! That's so clever - I'll have to go online and see what her prices are.

6 hours ago, smelmel said:

Very cute - love how she has them for every type of vacation.

10 hours ago, smelmel said:

Thanks!  I didn’t know if I could say ‘Etsy’.  But, as you can see that’s where the magnets and other cruise ideas are!

Safe Journeys, Paul

Hi all - thank you for the excellent suggestions - been out of town the past few days - just now had a chance to report back in. Such good ideas - and yes I will post an update once I decide.  Will be a combo of some great ideas suggested here.

I have to wait until early Dec to spring the surprise and it's so hard to keep quiet! But it's months away from our anniversary right now - think the impact will be better closer to the actual day, even if it's a couple of weeks early.

But it's sure hard to keep this secret for so long...as a confirmed beach/island lover, he adores Caribbean crises and will be so happy.