Keto; what are some alcohol drinks that you like to order?

Most people I know who do the Keto as a lifestyle have some carbs....maybe 50 a day.  Carbs are in fruits and vegetables for instance and in that salad you eat.  They just stay away from complex carbs like potato’s, bread and avoid all sugar.

i had lost 20 pounds on keto.  I had labs drawn in the middle of the weight loss and for me, my cholesterol dropped 10 points and my kidney labs stayed fine. ( I keep protein to 50-60 grams per day though..) Personally I don’t think it’s for everyone but it sure works better ( and faster) then anything I’ve tried. Sugar is just plain bad for us but tastes so good! 

A dryer white wine is ok as long as you don’t drink the whole bottle.  If you’re really trying to stick to keto one or two drinks a day is all you really should have.  Flavored vodka adds carbs.  

Way to go for those who stick to keto while cruising!  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, YadaYadaJodi said:

I'm enjoying this thread and will definitely be taking some notes of cocktails to try.

May I suggest Baja Bob's Mixers! At home I buy the liquid mixers from my local Spec's liquor store. My go-to at home is the Mai Tai mix with rum and I like the Margarita version also. For the cruise I have ordered some individual powdered mixes. Baja Bob Mai Tai doesn't come in powder form but I have some margarita ones. I also ordered another brand on Amazon that did have a Mai Tai version but I haven't tried it yet. (looked up the brands I ordered = RSVP Skinnies & Margaritaville = haven't tried either yet).

My plan on the cruise if I have to mix it myself is to ask for a tequila (or rum) on the rocks in a tall glass and a bottle of water or a glass of water or club soda (no ice) on the side. I'll then mix the powder with the water or club soda and add it to my tequila or rum. Powders - whether they're Crystal Light or Kool-Aid mix better without ice (add ice after dissolving).

We love Baja Bob's!  Margarita, Mai Tai, and sweek and sour.  All work fine (I am type 2 diabetic) to mix with.  Not sure about Keto, but they do not effect my blood sugar. The Mai Tai's have been a favorite this summer, but are super sweet so we aid some diet ginger ale.  If it ever cools off here in Texas I can go back to scotch or bourbon neat.

I will be interested to hear how the powders are!  Cheers!

• Like 1

13 hours ago, crewsweeper said:

Ok. So. Here's my question.  Since carbs ARE the fuel for the body, and since under Keto you are limiting or totally excluding carbs in the rest of your diet,  does it really  matter  if your drinks  have a few carbs in the alcohol? Isn't that taking it to extremes?

And yes, I am aware the eventually the excess protein  will help the fat to act as a fuel source. But, that takes  time.  And too much protein  can lead to worse health issues than being a bit overweight.  Plus, most medical doctors and legitimate registered nutritionists don't  recommend being on Keto for more than 6-9 weeks, if that long. Basically, lose the weight you need to then shift into a more healthy less extreme diet. 

I have been keto since February 2017 and have lost over 100lbs doing so.  Your body needs protein and fat to function, it does not need carbs at all.  My Mom has 2 very serious health issues and with doing keto, has reduced or eliminated almost all the terrible drugs she was on.  Medical professionals do not make any money from patients that cure their own diseases so of course most aren't promoting it.  I am fortunate enough to have a doctor that supports keto.  

When I cruise, I take my own monkfruit sweetener and have mojitos made for me.  SO good!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sugar67 said:

I have been keto since February 2017 and have lost over 100lbs doing so.  Your body needs protein and fat to function, it does not need carbs at all.  My Mom has 2 very serious health issues and with doing keto, has reduced or eliminated almost all the terrible drugs she was on.  Medical professionals do not make any money from patients that cure their own diseases so of course most aren't promoting it.  I am fortunate enough to have a doctor that supports keto.  

When I cruise, I take my own monkfruit sweetener and have mojitos made for me.  SO good!

Congrats on your weight loss and improved health issues for both you and your Mom.  Weight loss for obesity will assist the body in functioning better and reduce medications.  Elimination of over eating and reliance on simple sugars and highly processed foods help as well. 

Disagree with your view that the body does not need carbs at all.  Complex carbs (including potatoes, BTW) provide the energy needed for body to run. Proven science, not hype.  

1 hour ago, Don&Deb1976 said:

Our daughter was a marching Razorback for 5 years!  We spent a lot of time in Fayetteville and learned quickly how to call the hogs in the late 90's.  We will have to try the Don Julio.  

The marching Razorbacks are always amazing! Give DJ 1942 a try. It is soooo smooth. If you like tequila I think you'll really enjoy it!