Walk to paradise island?

BostonGal35

i am considering a day pass to Warwick Paradise Island resort.  Looks nice, and is all inclusive in terms of food and booze.

According to Googlemaps, its 1.8 miles from the port.  Anyone know if this is safe to walk?  I like getting my exercise in and am an avid walker - assuming the route is safe (ideally sidewalks and no sketchy people/places).  Ive been to nassau half a dozen times but have never attempted this walk.  we have done the BCH and/or stayed on ship or done a ship excursion.

NOT recommended IMHO.

Once you get past Rawson Square, the neighborhood changes into boarded buildings and industrial properties on E. Bay Street.

Some would say it might be OK in broad daylight, but I would never do it.

You can walk all around Paradise Island for exercise.

1 hour ago, CILCIANRQTS said:

NOT recommended IMHO.

Once you get past Rawson Square, the neighborhood changes into boarded buildings and industrial properties on E. Bay Street.

Some would say it might be OK in broad daylight, but I would never do it.

You can walk all around Paradise Island for exercise.

thanks.... are all of the taxis safe there?  weve never taken one.  would a better option be the water taxi given Warwick's proximity to where the ferries dock?

6 minutes ago, BostonGal35 said:

thanks.... are all of the taxis safe there?  weve never taken one.  would a better option be the water taxi given Warwick's proximity to where the ferries dock?

I would say yes, particularly at the cruise port. We’ve never had a “sketchy” taxi in 20 years of going annually. 

I’m not a big fan of the water taxis. I consider them poorly maintained, loud, smelly and with no concern for leaving until they fill the boat. Personally, I’d take a taxi. YMMV.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BostonGal35 said:

The regular taxis are safe and much faster than taking the water taxi.  You'll probably be sharing a taxi van with people going to Atlantis or other places on Paradise Island.

I personally went for a run from the port to Atlantis and back.  Did not have any issues whatsoever.  Sure there is a little shady area, but no one said anything.  Granted, I'm 6'1" and in shape lol.