Adult Beverage Package

schwaja3

So I'm 12 days out of my Breakaway cruise. The Adult Beverage Package was included in the price of my cruise, but not I see I can upgrade to the Premium Plus package for $243 a person. I am now concerned that I won't be getting what I thought I was getting.

What is included in the package I have? Martinis, Mojito's Daquiries, etc? 

Anyone who can help ease my mind, please let me know. My wife is concerned her rinks won't be free!

Jack

Norwegian Cruise Line's Premium Beverage Package (formerly known as the Ultimate Beverage Package) includes a variety of spirits, cocktails, wines by the glass and bottled or draft beer up to and including $15 USD and unlimited fountain soda and juices at all bars, lounges, restaurants and Great Stirrup Cay.

A 20% discount will be applied to all bottles of wine purchased on board. The Premium Beverage Package does not include room service, package sales, ship specific promotions or beer buckets, designated Super Premium brands (subject to change), bottled wine, mini bar purchases, bottled water, fresh squeezed juices, select Lavazza coffee beverages, energy drinks, vending machines, wine stations or spirits, cocktails, draft or bottled beer and glasses of wine over $15 USD. Two (2) beverages per person per transaction.

Package can be used in all restaurants, lounges, bars and Great Stirrup Cay. Any items over $15 USD will receive an $15 USD discount and the guest will be charged the difference to their account. Premium Beverage Package is not available for purchase on charters, sailings, that are two (2) days or less, Pride of America or Harvest Caye. A 20% gratuity and beverage service charge will be added to all package purchases; your check may reflect applicable VAT and/or taxes for certain ports or itineraries. Packages must be purchased by all qualifying individuals residing in the stateroom or additional staterooms under the same method of payment for the entire length of the cruise. Packages may not be shared and are non-transferable and non-refundable. You must be at least 21 years of age to purchase any alcoholic package and to consume alcohol. See the terms of our guest alcohol policy. Other terms and conditions may apply. Guests purchasing this package on board during the dates of March 1st through April 15th will only be able to purchase on embarkation day. Please note that rates are subject to change at any time at the discretion of Norwegian Cruise Line.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KarlChilders said:

A 20% gratuity and beverage service charge will be added to all package purchases;

Copying and pasting quite often causes inaccuracies. This may be the case for bookings made in the USA, but there is no gratuity or service charge added when booked through the UK. 

29 minutes ago, simba_o said:

But it is now called the “Adult Beverage package”. Can someone confirm this is in fact the premium package and covers all drinks up to $15?

It is the same package. NCL uses many different names/acronyms for the same thing. You're good up to $15 and only have to pay the difference (plus 20% on the difference) if you go above $15 on a covered drink. 

1 hour ago, cottagers2000 said:

Copying and pasting quite often causes inaccuracies. This may be the case for bookings made in the USA, but there is no gratuity or service charge added when booked through the UK. 

That is not true. The key word there was purchases. UK  folks pay the gratuity as well if they purchase the plan, just not if they receive it as a promo. There was no inaccuracy in the terms.

13 hours ago, simba_o said:

But it is now called the “Adult Beverage package”. Can someone confirm this is in fact the premium package and covers all drinks up to $15?

Yes it does. We have had it on many cruises, since it was introduced. Any drink $15 or less is covered. if you choose something a bit higher you will be charged the difference. 

14 hours ago, cottagers2000 said:

The OP is from Atlanta, (GA), and therefore, the information shared here is accurate. The UK chooses to have their own regulations for travellers which do not cross over to those in N. America.  

Apples / oranges

14 hours ago, KarlChilders said:

That is not true. The key word there was purchases. UK  folks pay the gratuity as well if they purchase the plan, just not if they receive it as a promo. There was no inaccuracy in the terms.

I am fascinated by your reply. Can you please throw some light on your statement about UK personnel (or folks as you call them) purchasing a drinks package. For UK bookings, a PAYMENT of £99 only will get a drinks package and one other perk, which does not incur any extra gratuities or service charge, so why would anybody pay any more to buy any package that NCL may offer.?

15 hours ago, simba_o said:

Don’t get hung up on names. It is officially the Premium Beverage Package. And yes, the package covers the first $15 of individual drinks. You pay the difference if you exceed. $15. 

Do cocktails like a Martini, Cosmo etc come in under $15.00 - if made with "semi-premium spirits" (say like Grey Goose, Bombay Sapphire) which on their own are just under $15.00?  Or will our Martinis be made with "well spirits"?

(Our first NCL cruise in a week or so, so very interested in the answer!)

1 hour ago, All-ready2cruise said:

The OP is from Atlanta, (GA), and therefore, the information shared here is accurate. The UK chooses to have their own regulations for travellers which do not cross over to those in N. America.  

Apples / oranges

I fully realise that the OP is from the USA, but my post was directed to KarlChilders who by copying and posting  generic details appertaining to USA bookings only is confusing for anybody not in the USA. The majority of posters on this forum are probably from USA but it is not correct to generalise statements when other countries are involved in booking with NCL.

Several people have posted about looking at the new Premium Plus package and what makes it worthwhile. 

I like specialty coffee every day, and I want to have 1-2 bottles of water each day (mostly to carry ashore.)  I don't have a need to order bottles of wine nor do I desire top shelf liquor brands.  I calculated that out and it's not nearly enough to justify the extra cost.  So it's really a luxury package for those who really want to have top shelf, a better discount on bottles because they don't like the wines by the glass, and coffee and water on top of that... it takes quite a lot to justify for the cost for 2 people at nearly $500 extra!  

Royal's adult drink package was $880 for 2 for a 9 day trip and it included fresh squeezed juice, premium coffee, and bottled water.  It was a good deal and even though we had to pay the $880 it was worth it.  We chose Anthem of the Seas 9 day 4 ports rather than Escape 7 days to Bermuda partly because the total price was a better deal per day even with the $880 beverage package.

12 minutes ago, cottagers2000 said:

I fully realise that the OP is from the USA, but my post was directed to KarlChilders who by copying and posting  generic details appertaining to USA bookings only is confusing for anybody not in the USA. The majority of posters on this forum are probably from USA but it is not correct to generalise statements when other countries are involved in booking with NCL.

Again, the statement in the terms and conditions I posted that you are hung up about is about a gratuity being charged when the package is PURCHASED, not when received as a perk.

It all boils down to how picky you are with your brands of liquor.

I have found that most drinks onboard are under or at 15.00 so the basic package covers a lot of drinks.

I think that a lot of folks have more issues with the wine list as most of the nicer wines are by the bottle only and covered at a 40% discount from the already inflated price.

As far as the name goes - that seems to change with the wind. 

What about speciality coffee in various locations.  I am looking to travel with adult son who does not drink alcohol for medical reasons, but looks like i would be required to get him a package as he would be in the same room as my wife and I.  Considering an accessible Haven suite on the Escape, Baltic next summer.

55 minutes ago, kayakcove said:

What about speciality coffee in various locations.  I am looking to travel with adult son who does not drink alcohol for medical reasons, but looks like i would be required to get him a package as he would be in the same room as my wife and I.  Considering an accessible Haven suite on the Escape, Baltic next summer.

In your case, it is probably better to pay for specialty coffee a la carte instead of buying a Plus package for the son.

If guests 1&2 take the beverage promo, guest 3 doesn't have to buy a package.

If any guest buys a package or upgrades their package, all over 21 must buy or upgrade to the same if they don't already have.

Edited by Two Wheels Only