Scheduling excursion at Chukanaab park

DeborahGwaltney

I scheduled a shore excursion at chukanaab park at 10:00am to swim w the manatees and we get to port at Port Maya on Carnival Vista at 9:00am .......ships time at port time will be the same ...so will this be enough time to get off ship get a taxi ride there????

Going to be tight.  Assuming the ship docks and is tied off at 9AM (no delays in transit), it typically takes 20-30 minutes to clear customs in Mexico before they let passengers off.  You're a 5 minute walk to the taxi stand, maybe 10 if slow walker or have children.  The taxi area captain will get you a taxi right away.  About a 10 minute ride or so, depending on traffic.

4 hours ago, DeborahGwaltney said:

I scheduled a shore excursion at chukanaab park at 10:00am to swim w the manatees and we get to port at Port Maya on Carnival Vista at 9:00am .......ships time at port time will be the same ...so will this be enough time to get off ship get a taxi ride there????

Are you going before the clocks go back in US?

Cozumel is on EST year round now. Swim time will be local time.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

It was my whole family’s favorite excursion out of all of our excursions ... the manatees were the cutest things I have ever seen .... we got to hold them, feed them and play w them a whole hour ... I don’t think you get this much time w the dolphin ... I highly recommend it .  Also w got off the ship right at 9:00am when it docked and got there by 9:30am( getting a taxi was simple and quick) with plenty of time to spare ... so the 10:00am appointment worked perfect for us..... we were on the Carnival Vista out of Galveston.. so ship time and port time were the same

1 hour ago, DeborahGwaltney said:

It was my whole family’s favorite excursion out of all of our excursions ... the manatees were the cutest things I have ever seen .... we got to hold them, feed them and play w them a whole hour ... I don’t think you get this much time w the dolphin ... I highly recommend it .  Also w got off the ship right at 9:00am when it docked and got there by 9:30am( getting a taxi was simple and quick) with plenty of time to spare ... so the 10:00am appointment worked perfect for us..... we were on the Carnival Vista out of Galveston.. so ship time and port time were the same

Thanks for the feedback! 😎