Past Labor Day Sales for Drink Packages on Royal Caribbean?

RonH2K

4 minutes ago, LESLIEKURZ said:

So again, how many days before departure can you still buy online?  I too was hoping for a good Black Friday sale price, but we depart 12/1.  

Usually up to 72 hours before the cruise.

I see on the labor day email that the sale is for sailings through March 30, 2020. We are April 12, 2020 so I guess we are still too far out to be worthy of the sale. We have been sitting at $65 for a month at least now. When we first booked the cruise it was $60 for a short time, then went up to $65 and hasn't budged either way since then. Hoping for Black Friday!

Have beren getting emails advertising discounts on drink packages and on dining packages.  Tried to buy dining package and drink package and the price was the same as my cruise planner.  So no discount.  I called to ask if a special code was needed and was told the cruise planner  price included discount.  I asked how I was getting a discount since the cruise planner price did not change.  I assumed the discount would be applied to the cruise planner price.   Since that price did not change what price is the discount applied to ?   The Royal Caribbean representative could not answer my question except to say prices change frequently.

I am continuing to receive these offers including one for Labor Day.  I understand I am free to buy or not buy.  The advertising seems to be misleading. 

16 minutes ago, R,D,W said:

Have beren getting emails advertising discounts on drink packages and on dining packages.  Tried to buy dining package and drink package and the price was the same as my cruise planner.  So no discount.  I called to ask if a special code was needed and was told the cruise planner  price included discount.  I asked how I was getting a discount since the cruise planner price did not change.  I assumed the discount would be applied to the cruise planner price.   Since that price did not change what price is the discount applied to ?   The Royal Caribbean representative could not answer my question except to say prices change frequently.

I am continuing to receive these offers including one for Labor Day.  I understand I am free to buy or not buy.  The advertising seems to be misleading. 

Their pricing changes day to day (and sometimes in between).  The sales mean nothing.  Just know what you're comfortable paying and book when you see it at that price point.  Most on here will say to book and cancel/rebuy when there's drop.  I typically don't do this and have secured decent rates.  This year not so much pricing is going up up up for our November sailing and its doubtful we'll purchase.

There were quite a few price drops on things in my various Cruise Planners. 

No "Sale" promises or delivers lower prices on everything or on every cruise.  It is useless to be annoyed that "your" cruise doesn't have a lower internet price or only three of the excursions went down in price.

12 hours ago, Merion_Mom said:

There were quite a few price drops on things in my various Cruise Planners. 

No "Sale" promises or delivers lower prices on everything or on every cruise.  It is useless to be annoyed that "your" cruise doesn't have a lower internet price or only three of the excursions went down in price.

Beach mats went down 2 whole bucks on my “sale” whippppppeeeeeee! 

🌊