Edge -4 restaurants?

travellovers2

For our Aug 19 Med sailing, lobster night was at 10th night of the 11 night sailing. 

We were assigned to Cosmopolitan, which we loved, but there is no problem trying other restaurants. We talked to the receptionist of Cyprus if the 25 of us can get a seating, and she gave it us for the following day.

You can check your App for menus of the day, and just line up. I did not see big line ups.

The food at the Oceanview buffet is also good and OV is always busy - good indicator.

Have a great trip. Best food ever!

7 hours ago, Bo1953 said:

v - I once had vegetable lasagna which consisted of noodles, layered with vegetables and marinara sauce, nicely spiced... risotto, several Indian dishes on the vegetarian menu which were vegan or could be made vegan...

Generally, I bring several recipes that I like and let them have at it realizing that they may not have all of the ingredients aboard.

I do find interacting with the Chef(s) helpful in their accommodating me. On The Summit they had a great pastry chef who prepared something different for me each night.. Which was better than the usual fruit cup offered on other sailings!

I recommend meeting with the chef letting them know what you like or not and say 'get creative'.... generally they try to, for sure.

Let us know how you made out upon your return...

bon appetite and bon voyage...

Great ideas!  Thank you Bo. 

13 hours ago, Luckiestmanonearth said:

When I went into my Edge reservation to book dining, there was nothing in their “Select” dining but they did have several called “Specialty” dining .

Any idea how I book “Select” dining online ?

You need to choose "Select Plus" dining when making the sailing reservation, or contact Celebrity/your TA afterwards to have it changed to SP. If you're on Traditional "early" or "late" seating, you can't choose restaurant and dining time yourself, you are restricted to 6pm/8.30pm in the restaurant you have been assigned.

44 minutes ago, mikkelhansen said:

You need to choose "Select Plus" dining when making the sailing reservation, or contact Celebrity/your TA afterwards to have it changed to SP. If you're on Traditional "early" or "late" seating, you can't choose restaurant and dining time yourself, you are restricted to 6pm/8.30pm in the restaurant you have been assigned.

Sorry but this is all too confusing. We are already assigned as late seating and know that we will be assigned a restaurant at some point .

So if I change to “Select Plus”, what exactly does that do for me and what is the up charge ?

5 minutes ago, Luckiestmanonearth said:

Sorry but this is all too confusing. We are already assigned as late seating and know that we will be assigned a restaurant at some point .

So if I change to “Select Plus”, what exactly does that do for me and what is the up charge ?

If you currently have the late seating on your reservation, you need to contact whoever you booked your sailing with (Celebrity/TA) and ask them to change you/waitlist you (if it's currrently "sold out" for your sailing) to Select Plus dining. This is at no additional charge, and this means that you have the full choice of all four MDRs every day, at the time that pleases you (AFAIK between 5.30pm and 9pm).

You CAN, however, book a specific dining time slot (:00 or :30) in a specific MDR on a given day; you can book a slot for some days, all days or none. If you don't book a slot in advance for a given day, you can simply show up at the MDR of your choice on that day, and you will be seated at the soonest possible time.

Edited by mikkelhansen

9 minutes ago, mikkelhansen said:

If you currently have the late seating on your reservation, you need to contact whoever you booked your sailing with (Celebrity/TA) and ask them to change you/waitlist you (if it's currrently "sold out" for your sailing) to Select Plus dining. This is at no additional charge, and this means that you have the full choice of all four MDRs every day, at the time that pleases you (AFAIK between 5.30pm and 9pm).

You CAN, however, book a specific dining time slot (:00 or :30) in a specific MDR on a given day; you can book a slot for some days, all days or none. If you don't book a slot in advance for a given day, you can simply show up at the MDR of your choice on that day, and you will be seated at the soonest possible time.

Thanks.  That makes it more clear to us Celeb newbies

2 minutes ago, Luckiestmanonearth said:

Thanks.  That makes it more clear to us Celeb newbies

And just to clarify my previous post, if you end up with Select Plus you can pre-book the individual days' dining slots in Cruise Planner, which is also where I suppose you were looking for the reservation system in your original post. There will be a text bar at the top of the Specialty Dining page, which tells you to "click here" to start your resevations. The MDRs will show up as complimentary in the list of restaurants.