Oasis, My Time Dining-reservations for Dec. 2020

We have MTD for our Oasis Cruise in December of 2020.  Reservations are open, however 5:30, 6:00 & 8:00 are not available for any day to book.  

Does anyone know if they will become available later?  Or why those times are blocked out for each day?

Edited by happy cruiser1234

16 minutes ago, happy cruiser1234 said:

Does anyone know if they will become available later?  

Maybe, you'll have to keep checking - for now pick something else and either change in the planner if something becomes available or on board.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, happy cruiser1234 said:

We have MTD for our Oasis Cruise in December of 2020.  Reservations are open, however 5:30, 6:00 & 8:00 are not available for any day to book.  

Does anyone know if they will become available later?  Or why those times are blocked out for each day?

Royal seems to only allow very early or very late pre-cruise MTD reservations lately.  You might have better luck onboard.

• Like 1

We are booked for March 2020 and have the same thing, nothing available before 6:30. I have seen elsewhere that on Harmony's Aug. 4 cruise, there is traditional dining listed on the cruise compass at 5:00 in Silk, Grande AND American Icon. It shows MTD in American Icon starting at 6:30, so if it goes that way, I don't see it opening before 6:30.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, happy cruiser1234 said:

Hey Serena,  What week are you travelling?  We are on with the kids over Christmas.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, OACAggie said:

We are booked for March 2020 and have the same thing, nothing available before 6:30. I have seen elsewhere that on Harmony's Aug. 4 cruise, there is traditional dining listed on the cruise compass at 5:00 in Silk, Grande AND American Icon. It shows MTD in American Icon starting at 6:30, so if it goes that way, I don't see it opening before 6:30.

This seems to follow the theory that they are making early traditional very early so they can use some of those tables for MTD if the traditional folks don't show up in time.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, happy cruiser1234 said:

If you cannot get what you want, when you get on the ship go to the MTD desk and check to see if you can change it.  We never make reservations (or very rarely).  We show up when we want eat and hardly ever do we wait more than 5 minutes.  For us the beauty of MTD is the flexibility to eat when we want to.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Hey Serena,  What week are you travelling?  We are on with the kids over Christmas.

Hi Ken, Unfortunately we aren't going over Christmas.  

We scored a great deal on the December 14th cruse for 2020. Our oldest will be finished college and we will take the youngest (Lexi) out of school a week early.  

If for some reason the kids won't be able to come Mark & I are still going!  We got too good a deal on the drink package to cancel. 😜 

Appreciate the heads-up.  Just booked reservations for my 12/29 sailing on Oasis.  Was able to get mostly 6:30 MTD reservations, as desired, with a 7:30pm reservation on New Year's Eve.  One question - I purchased a 3 night specialty dining package.  It doesn't appear that I can book that package ahead of time - you can only book a reservation if you pay "a la carte" online.  Is that correct?  Need to book my specialty restaurants when I get onboard?

6 minutes ago, uvadover said:

Appreciate the heads-up.  Just booked reservations for my 12/29 sailing on Oasis.  Was able to get mostly 6:30 MTD reservations, as desired, with a 7:30pm reservation on New Year's Eve.  One question - I purchased a 3 night specialty dining package.  It doesn't appear that I can book that package ahead of time - you can only book a reservation if you pay "a la carte" online.  Is that correct?  Need to book my specialty restaurants when I get onboard?

Correct, you must pay full price to be able to make a pre-cruise reservation.

• Thanks 1