Questions for those who went on Navigator

Hello,

We are still tossing up taking a flight out of Miami International 10:30 or 1:45....we are flying to northern Florida, Jacksonville.

For those who cruised on the Navigator, what time did you get off the ship and pass customs?

My other half says lets go for the early flight I say the late flight so like to hear what time you got off the ship and past customs, thank you!

@Cruisegirl6 I don't like to feel rushed or panicked my last morning. I don't schedule flights before 12. The ship could be delayed getting into port, customs could be an issue, the sheer volume of passengers, etc. With that said. In June 2018 on NCL Sky we had a flight around 1 out of FLL. We were off our ship and in the Uber at 8:48am and at the airport at 9:28am. 

If everything goes according to plan you should make the 10:30. Keep in mind 10:30 departure means pulling away from the gate. Boarding will begin at like 9:55am. Gate agent will close the door 10 minutes before departure at 10:20. Once the door shuts, you're (99% of the time) SOL.

For that trip I would drive.  Not worth sitting around the airport for hours, checking luggage and waiting for it.  We actually had someone in our office who no longer flew from Denver to Kansas City (around 10 hours) because it was less hassle to just drive.  Last Navigator trip we were almost 8:30 before we got out to the curb at the terminal (not self-assist).  Partly will depend on what terminal you are at - G is terrible.

Had no problem making a 10:45 am flight back to Atlanta in May.  Doing almost the same thing this Nov.  My feeling is when you're done, you're done.  Time to go home. Easy peasy.  Catch an Uber and you'll be to the airport in plenty of time.  

On 8/22/2019 at 9:50 PM, Cruisegirl6 said:

Hello,

We are still tossing up taking a flight out of Miami International 10:30 or 1:45....we are flying to northern Florida, Jacksonville.

For those who cruised on the Navigator, what time did you get off the ship and pass customs?

My other half says lets go for the early flight I say the late flight so like to hear what time you got off the ship and past customs, thank you!

The Navigator is currently going out of Terminal A in Miami. If you have a passport, it is incredibly fast to clear Customs. The Terminal uses Facial Recognition Technology. The process is you go in line and they direct you to stand in front of a “computer” terminal that you look in and it displays your face. If no problems, within 15-20 seconds it says you can go and you can then exit the terminal. Really neat. So if you do early self-assist departure off the ship (7:30), with a passport, you could possibly be exiting the terminal at 7:45 and could easily make your flight out of MIA. Hope that info helps.