Miami Port Opening Time

Barry ATL

We are on the 11/4 Victory.  We have FTTF and DH is in a wheelchair.  So, we always arrive at port opening.  It reduces our stress and we end up one of the first few folks on the the ship.  So, what time does the port actually open? 

And yes, I am the OCD planner.  So, I am already scheduling port transportation.  In our 30 years, I never take chances on the transportation piece of a trip because DH's wheelchair can throw a wrench into last minute travel plans.

By the way, half the fun of a cruise is planning it.  🙂

I have cruised out of Miami three times this year and the doors to the terminal have opened around 10AM for all three cruises. 

Not sure how you are one of the first ones on the ship if you only have FTTF, but I know anything’s possible with Carnival. 

Edited by PhillyFan33579

21 minutes ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

Not sure how you are one of the first ones on the ship if you only have FTTF, but I know anything’s possible with Carnival. 

Semantics. Even though they board after the first few groups, I'd still consider FTTF to be "one of the first" on the ship. There's a lot of general boarding passengers behind them and the feeling of being one of the first is pretty obvious with FTTF.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Organized Chaos said:

Semantics. Even though they board after the first few groups, I'd still consider FTTF to be "one of the first" on the ship. There's a lot of general boarding passengers behind them and the feeling of being one of the first is pretty obvious with FTTF.

I understand what you mean. I sometimes think I don’t get on the ship soon enough as a Platinum when there are a lot of Diamonds boarding ahead of us. 

3 hours ago, Barry ATL said:

We are on the 11/4 Victory.  We have FTTF and DH is in a wheelchair.  So, we always arrive at port opening.  It reduces our stress and we end up one of the first few folks on the the ship.  So, what time does the port actually open? 

And yes, I am the OCD planner.  So, I am already scheduling port transportation.  In our 30 years, I never take chances on the transportation piece of a trip because DH's wheelchair can throw a wrench into last minute travel plans.

By the way, half the fun of a cruise is planning it.  🙂

Like posted above, the terminal usually opens 10-10:15 am.  However, when the ship is returning from Belize, it can be much later.  I have also been at POM when it did not open until after 1 pm. 

On 8/23/2019 at 8:43 PM, Barry ATL said:

Thanks for the info.  On the current itineraries usually start boarding around 11 am, I assumed it would be 10 or 10:30.  good to know.

On the recent 8/24 Conquest sailing, we boarded as Diamonds at 11:30AM.  The days of earlier boarding like above seem to be history in MIA and also FLL, at least when we have sailed from them the last two years or so.  Maybe they still board at 10 or 10:30 in other ports?

50 minutes ago, evandbob said:

On the recent 8/24 Conquest sailing, we boarded as Diamonds at 11:30AM.  The days of earlier boarding like above seem to be history in MIA and also FLL, at least when we have sailed from them the last two years or so.  Maybe they still board at 10 or 10:30 in other ports?

I think the OP was asking about when the port opens for check in, not boarding... obviously, as FTTF, they would board earlier as well.

But in response to your comment about boarding times, I've never seen boarding start as early as 10 or 10:30, but then again, I haven't sailed from all ports, so I'm not the authority on this!

3 hours ago, Shaded Lady said:

I think the OP was asking about when the port opens for check in, not boarding... obviously, as FTTF, they would board earlier as well.

But in response to your comment about boarding times, I've never seen boarding start as early as 10 or 10:30, but then again, I haven't sailed from all ports, so I'm not the authority on this!

My comment about boarding times was in response to Barry ATL's 2nd comment which I quoted, not his first.  HAGD!