Culinary Kitchen Classes

Snorkle lover, if you go to the RSSC website, I assume you have saved your cruise on that site. Go into that cruise and click on manage my booking, under customize my voyage you will see Culinary Arts Kitchen Classes, click on customize and you will see the dates of the cruise, click on a date and you will see the classes and prices. It looks like they are available on your cruise at this point. Yes, I know it's a few days before the "excursions" are available. If you want to sign up I would suggest you do it soon as they fill up.

In my very limited experience (first cruise on the Splendor) they are only up at the time you are eligible to sign up for shore excursions.  Found the sign up after clicking on shore excursion sign up and scrolling to the bottom of the page.

Never mind my very limited experience.  I just read the post by Taxare. (after the fact).  I guess yours are up before the excursions.

Edited by scuba diver

5 hours ago, snorkle lover said:

Tried to follow your directions Taxare but would you believe it, Manage My Bookings is down.

I will give it try tomorrow. Ron we will be on the Explorer in April ,Barcelona to Lisbon, so maybe

they will offer a Culinary Class.

They should be listed now, we're on New York to Barcelona and they were list last week. We're on a b2b starting in Miami/New York/Barcelona and have booked the classes we wanted.

2 hours ago, scuba diver said:

In my very limited experience (first cruise on the Splendor) they are only up at the time you are eligible to sign up for shore excursions.  Found the sign up after clicking on shore excursion sign up and scrolling to the bottom of the page.

Never mind my very limited experience.  I just read the post by Taxare. (after the fact).  I guess yours are up before the excursions.

No, we booked about a week and half before excursions.

24 minutes ago, snorkle lover said:

Can someone tell me what the cost of the Culinary cooking classes usually run pp?

It’s $89 pp.  You can pay with OBC.

Dave

Edited by DaveFr
Add info.

You can’t generalize about when culinary classes will become available for booking.  I just checked my b2b Splendor cruises in November 2020 and culinary classes are now available for booking.

Dave

Edited by DaveFr

My manage booking is working fine for me. I am confused as to why you are having such problems? Did you save your booked cruise on your profile? If so, my previous directions from yesterday should get you to the information and you will see the classes and costs. I am on your cruise, so this is not speculation, generalization or estimate, I have them in front of me. 

On a previous Explorer cruise I attended 2 of the cooking classes.  There were no observers in the actual class but towards the end  the instructor said we could contact our traveling partner and they could come and share "the fruits of our labor".  My husband came and it was a  fun experience.   Not sure if this happens with all of the classes, but I hope it is the usual practice as I will be going to 2 classes on our next Explorer cruise.

I still don't have the Cooking classes for our 14 March cruise on the "Manage my Booking" pages.   Excursions - no problem and they are booked.  I was able, thanks to someone on our Roll Call and my calling Regent in the USA to sign up for one class...   I have told Mike Moore about this and he said he would investigate.  (He runs IT for the whole NCL group).   Another person on our cruise, from Australia, is having the same problem.  Very odd.   

1 hour ago, taxare said:

My manage booking is working fine for me. I am confused as to why you are having such problems? Did you save your booked cruise on your profile? If so, my previous directions from yesterday should get you to the information and you will see the classes and costs. I am on your cruise, so this is not speculation, generalization or estimate, I have them in front of me. 

Hi Taxare,

The problem was actually on my IMac. Thank goodness my DH is quite computer savvy and he was able to figure

out the problem. I was using Safari as my browser and for some reason Safari would not let me get to Manage My

Booking. So he put set up Firefox and just like magic I was able to get to Manage My Booking. He is PC guy so it took

a little bit to figure it out BUT now all is good.

So glad to hear you are on the same cruise with us. Are you on the Roll Call?

We just signed up for our first culinary class on Splendor and we really aren’t cooks and I have hand challenges..rheumatoid arthritis...but sounds like fun.  I’m hoping my husband and I share a station.   Is this true?  Thanks. 

40 minutes ago, rcandkc said:

We just signed up for our first culinary class on Splendor and we really aren’t cooks and I have hand challenges..rheumatoid arthritis...but sounds like fun.  I’m hoping my husband and I share a station.   Is this true?  Thanks. 

Everyone gets their own station on Explorer (on Oceania 2 people share a station).  I suppose that it would not hurt to ask if you can share but you would likely still pay for 2 people.

21 minutes ago, Travelcat2 said:

Everyone gets their own station on Explorer (on Oceania 2 people share a station).  I suppose that it would not hurt to ask if you can share but you would likely still pay for 2 people.

Well, I guess if I’m having trouble we could combine our ingredients at one station if we talk to chef first and explain.  My dr is suggesting several knuckles be replaced soon so could be different story in April. 

21 minutes ago, Travelcat2 said:

Well, I guess if I’m having trouble we could combine our ingredients at one station if we talk to chef first and explain.  My dr is suggesting several knuckles be replaced soon so could be different story in April. 

17 minutes ago, rcandkc said:

Although it sounds like a lot to go through, hopefully you will be able to do a lot more things when you recover.  Our young friend (in his 30's) has RA and was dramatically better after surgery.  Hoping for the best outcome for you.

My DH and I were at neighboring stations (he is a much better cook than I am) so I was able to watch him and see if what I was doing was the same.

My issue when taking the classes is standing on a hard surface for so long.   

11 hours ago, snorkle lover said:

So, my DH doesn't cook!! Is it fun for just one to go or worth it for two when he doesn't

know how to boil water :)??

It's fun, should be a learning experience also if you don't cook.  But it is fun and enjoyable hour or two--I do it!

11 hours ago, snorkle lover said:

Hi Taxare,

The problem was actually on my IMac. Thank goodness my DH is quite computer savvy and he was able to figure

out the problem. I was using Safari as my browser and for some reason Safari would not let me get to Manage My

Booking. So he put set up Firefox and just like magic I was able to get to Manage My Booking. He is PC guy so it took

a little bit to figure it out BUT now all is good.

So glad to hear you are on the same cruise with us. Are you on the Roll Call?

I am going to investigate whether it is my Mac that is causing the problem -- however I use Google Chrome as my browser though Safari is of course there too.  (I don't like Safari!)   I am getting all the other info regarding my booking though - I have the Guest Registration forms and Butler forms complete and my excursions booked.  Those came up as they should have some time ago.  It is just the cooking classes that don't show!!

Well - tried Firefox and got the same result as with Chrome and Safari - i.e. zero cooking classes show up.  Very very strange.   The excursions and butler request form etc - no problem.  It is just the cooking classes which, probably, are all full now anyway!