Radio Silence From NCL

Jetdoctorbox

8 minutes ago, cottagers2000 said:

Just wondered what kind of financial penalty would have to be paid in cancelling?

If the cruise leaves as scheduled, they would be considered a no-show and not be re-imbursed. Unless they have insurance to cancel for any reason. 

Just speculation but I'm guessing OP had that. 

Taxes and Port fees are refunded if no show

Edited by beerman2

On 8/28/2019 at 11:07 AM, Jetdoctorbox said:

I’ve called NCL and inquired several times about our cruise on the Sun due to set sail tomorrow at 4:00 pm and asked for any updates in reference to Tropical Storm Dorian. They keep telling us nothing has changed and we’ll be sailing the planned route. Well, I have to throw the BS flag on that one. For us to sail the exact same route we’d be sailing directly into the path of the storm. We are a little more than 24 hrs out from setting sail and there have been no emails sent out or updates on this cruise.  All we’re asking for is a little common courtesy.  Every other cruise line has sent out some type of response to this storm or rerouted their ships. There has been nothing more than “Radio Silence” from NCL which is unacceptable and irresponsible. Looks like this will be the last time (If we do) cruise on Norwegian Cruise Line. 

No, what is needed in cases like this is a little common understanding from the cruisers. We have just experienced a bad situation here and most people handled it well. We wanted answers and kept getting almost nothing. Of course it is frustrating but understandable if you think about it. Would have wrong or incomplete information of no information? I would be more concerned about the storm and how it is going to affect people in the Caribbean and Florida than not getting information from the cruise lines. I am betting NCL really doesn't care if this is your last cruise with them 

On 8/28/2019 at 6:11 PM, Birdie And Sue said:

What part of the customer service is poor?  I see noting poor in your original post, not even close.

would love to know that as well? So RCI had answers but what if those answers were not correct? I don't understand someone, especially in Florida that would not realize there are no real answers when mother Nature pops her head in. In fact very rarely are cruises cancelled, the lines just choose a different itinerary. 

8 minutes ago, newmexicoNita said:

No, what is needed in cases like this is a little common understanding from the cruisers. We have just experienced a bad situation here and most people handled it well. We wanted answers and kept getting almost nothing. Of course it is frustrating but understandable if you think about it. Would have wrong or incomplete information of no information? I would be more concerned about the storm and how it is going to affect people in the Caribbean and Florida than not getting information from the cruise lines. I am betting NCL really doesn't care if this is your last cruise with them 

Absolutely correct, the care/compassion should be with the residents of the areas impacted. It's not what is best for the "me" people.

WHEN NCL makes a decision , those affected WILL know. It's as simple as that. You are at the mercy of Mother Nature and we all know how that goes. Unpredictable!!!!

4 hours ago, GA Dave said:

Latest.

Capture.JPG

Hehe, isn’t that ever so helpful!

I am within the coastal “red zone” in FL and hope for more specificity sometime soon.  I don’t mind being in a general state of preparation, but a direct hit by a cat 4 is different.

Do you have a website (other than nhc) you favor for more detailed mapping?

49 minutes ago, MizDemeanor said:

It seems information at the pier for those who are coming in from other ships, according to another thread here, suggests that the upcoming Sun sailing has been canceled. 

No official word yet. The NCL website (updated 45 minutes ago) that suggests that the Sun will return on Sep 2 is likely incorrect. If it is RCCL, they just lengthened current cruises, and shortened the next. 

Edited by BirdTravels
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...