best beach near Kahului cruise pier

preston

Kanaha Beach is about a mile from the Kahului cruise ship pier but to me it’s best for wind or kite surfing.

I think the Wailea area beaches are much better but they’re about 17 miles from the ship.  Google Maps has an option showing how to use the limited Maui bus system...about 1:30 for $2/pp each way.  Or you could research ride share, taxi or car rental options to go to Wailea.  By renting a car you could easily visit more of the Valley Isle.

Edited by Astro Flyer

3 hours ago, CruiserBruce said:

Aren't Kamaole I, II and III in Kihei? Sort of important if the OP were to use something like Google Maps.

If you are using Google Maps you put "Kamaole I Beach Park" in the search function, then you click "Directions" once it comes up and type in "Kahului Harbor" and get directions. GM doesn't care much about the city. If there were two separate Kamaole I Beach Park (like there can be with a restaurant) the program will ask for clarification.

9 minutes ago, scottca075 said:

If you are using Google Maps you put "Kamaole I Beach Park" in the search function, then you click "Directions" once it comes up and type in "Kahului Harbor" and get directions. GM doesn't care much about the city. If there were two separate Kamaole I Beach Park (like there can be with a restaurant) the program will ask for clarification.

Ducked nicely. The three beaches are in Kihei, as confirmed by....wait for it...Google Maps.

1 minute ago, CruiserBruce said:

Ducked nicely. The three beaches are in Kihei, as confirmed by....wait for it...Google Maps.

Doesn't change what I said. No one is going to get lost using Google Maps if they call Kam I, II & III in Kihei vs Wailea.

So no. It isn't "important".