best souvenirs, what to buy

PaRaDoX3d

2 hours ago, Ellusionz said:

One of the websites I saw mentioned their local honey. If that Swizzle drink is any good I may get the mixer for it.

I think the mixer might be disappointing. Here is the Swizzle Inn recipe for making it fresh. 

• 4 ounces Goslings Black Seal Rum
  • 4 ounces Goslings Gold Seal Rum
  • 3 ounces Triple sec
  • 5 ounces pineapple juice
  • 5 0unces orange juice
  • Juice of 2 lemons
  • 2 ounces Bermuda falernum or sugar syrup
  • 6 dashes of Angostura Bitters

What I would bring back as a souvenir is Outerbridges Sherry Pepper Sauce. But some might point out you can buy it in the US. 

There is also the Gosling’s Rum but that also is available here. 

I like to shop the Craft Market  at the Dockyard for souvenirs. 

In St. George’s there is the Perfumery. The perfume is locally made. 

At the Dockyard there is a kiosk selling Bermuda Fudge. It’s a new thing I think, I never heard of it before this year but it would make a Bermuda souvenir. 

Friends have bought Christmas ornaments and one friend always gets a Bermuda calendar. Another friend bought a water color. The Carole Holding shop at the Clocktower Mall would be a place to shop.  

Edited by Charles4515
  • Like 2

The fudge gets really good reviews.

We got a dated ornament at the mall (same store also had a location just before boarding the ship).  Every year we get an ornament, and this fit nicely in the budget plus a great reminder of a family trip.  It does contain some sand, so be careful how you pack it or the sand can fall out.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, pacruise804 said:

We got a dated ornament at the mall (same store also had a location just before boarding the ship).  Every year we get an ornament, and this fit nicely in the budget plus a great reminder of a family trip.  It does contain some sand, so be careful how you pack it or the sand can fall out.

Those are Carole Holding shops. Two at the Dockyard,  one at Clocktower Mall and one at Heritage Wharf. The shop is not at the other berth, King’s Wharf, so people docked there won’t see it before boarding their ship. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, pacruise804 said:

The fudge gets really good reviews.

1 hour ago, pacruise804 said:

Thanks for the clarification.  I forgot that not everyone docks at King's Wharf.

If you saw the location that you describe as being just before boarding the ship you were docked at Heritage Wharf, not Kings Wharf.

There is often confusion about the names of the piers at Royal Naval Dockyard. The entire Dockyard complex is often mistakenly called Kings Wharf, and that mistake is perpetuated by some of the cruise lines. It goes back to the days when there was only one cruise ship pier there, Kings Wharf. In 2009, the second berth, Heritage Wharf, opened, but some cruise lines continue to refer to the entire complex as Kings Wharf, which is incorrect.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I got a pink sand necklace from Alexandra Mosher studio in Hamilton.  It is the triangle, but they had so many different options for the pendant.  The prices are significantly higher then you will find at a craft vendor but the quality looks so much nicer.  And, the cost isn't bad for something unique, I'd say $75-$150 was the price range of the necklaces.