Renaming hyperlink

3 hours ago, kaymbee said:

Can someone please share the coding that replaced enclosing a value in url tags to rename a hyperlink?  It used to be value.

Thanks

Can you explain exactly what you are asking. You seem to have figured out how to use the hyperlink button

1 hour ago, broberts said:

Can you explain exactly what you are asking. You seem to have figured out how to use the hyperlink button

I think kaymbee means that once you create a hyperlink, even if you edit the text of the hyperlink, it continues to link to the original location. He/she seems to be asking how to change the underlying link.

20 minutes ago, gnome12 said:

I think kaymbee means that once you create a hyperlink, even if you edit the text of the hyperlink, it continues to link to the original location. He/she seems to be asking how to change the underlying link.

I'm even more confused now.  😂  (If you've added a hyperlink, wouldn't you want it to link to the original location?  If you don't, just delete it and put in a new link to a different location.) 

If one needs to edit a hyperlink put the edit cursor anywhere in the link and click the hyperlink button. You will then be able to alter the link url and text.

Once a post has been submitted it can be edited by clicking the edit link. Editing is only possible for a little while after posting.

20 minutes ago, broberts said:

... Editing is only possible for a little while after posting.

IIRC the time is about 16 - 18 minutes. Try to make sure you have completed any edits within about 15 minutes from the first posting to make sure your edits can appear.

• Thanks 1

I don't know why the coding seems to have worked here but when I use it in my signature it will not show the value-rather it shows the entire code.  You can see it if you expand my signature.

Edited by kaymbee

25 minutes ago, kaymbee said:

I don't know why the coding seems to have worked here but when I use it in my signature it will not show the value-rather it shows the entire code.  You can see it if you expand my signature.

There is no need to enter the tags. Edit your signature and remove the tags.

• Like 1