Sky Princess best cabin and deck question--suite

Cruizen Susan

Hello cruise friends,

We are just home from our first Princess and first Alaska cruise.   We were blown away by the Princess product.   I can easily compare cruise lines, because we are frequent cruisers, Elite on Celebrity, Diamond on RCI, and platinum on NCL.   So of course I booked onboard!!   I am looking at a Sky Princess Caribbean sailing out of Fort Lauderdale.   Specifically,  a Penthouse cabin S3, corner aft.   At this early date, most are available.   In your opinion, which deck on 9. 10, 11, 14 and 15 would be best.

Thanks in advance,

Happy cruisin'

Susan

• Like 1

wow, since the ship has not yet launched no one really knows what the cabins look like.  Based on previous experience with aft suites on Princess and other fleets; we have always had a aft suite right in the middle.  Large balcony with lots of space and room to move around and to have dinner.  There is a full table with four chairs, plus two loungers.  But a corner aft suite gives you more view;  both the back of ship and a little around the corner too.  Glad you enjoyed your first Princess Cruise.  We have been on two cruises.  Our first cruise was to Alaska and we were treated so well we booked another; which we took in Feb.  Our Feb cruise was in Penthouse aft.  We have now booked a window suite on Sky for next year.  Like I mentioned;  Sky does not become operational until next month.  I am sure there will be plenty of feedback once the ship sails

Edited by AF-1
  • Like 1

Deck 14 (riviera 730, port side) is my choice.  We have sailed in the suite on both Royal and Regal Princess.  The balcony is huge, much bigger than the decks below with the exception of dolphin deck. I believe that balcony is about the same size. Also, the concierge lounge is on Riviera deck which makes it convenient to run down for a snack. Good luck - it’s a great cabin.

• Like 3

Susan, our preference of suites or any cabin is the Aft facing ones. After looking at the deck plans for the Sky Princess on Princess' website, if it were me booking an Aft Penthouse Suite I would look at Dolphin deck (deck 9) or Baja deck (deck 11) for two reasons: 1) based on the depth of the balconies on these two decks (and Deck 14) they appear to be much deeper (more space) and 2) these decks are lower on the ship so should be less motion/rocking (if you are prone to motion sickness) and closer to the water to hear the wake/waves.  However as Crown Cruiser points out, deck 14 has the Concierge Lounge for Full-Suite guests and we used this lounge daily on the Royal Princess. From past experience though, aft cabins on these decks on Royal Class ships can tend to be open more to others above you and less privacy. But as AF-1 stated, the ship has not yet launched so no one knows for sure what the situation will be. We too have booked a Window Suite on the Sky Princess for October 2020.

Edited by bagney
  • Like 1

Susan,

The aft Penthouse Suites are also partially covered on Decks 9 (Dolphin) and 11 (Baja).  They offer larger balconies and are partially covered for some privacy.  The other balconies on the Royal Class aft Penthouses are mostly open above.  It appears the Sky is the same in this respect.

The two aft suites on each of these two decks are usually the first Aft Penthouses to be reserved.

Safe Journeys, Paul

• Like 1

On 9/4/2019 at 4:10 PM, Crown Cruiser said:

Deck 14 (riviera 730, port side) is my choice.  We have sailed in the suite on both Royal and Regal Princess.  The balcony is huge, much bigger than the decks below with the exception of dolphin deck. I believe that balcony is about the same size. Also, the concierge lounge is on Riviera deck which makes it convenient to run down for a snack. Good luck - it’s a great cabin.

My husband I were in Riviera 730 on the Majestic.  We loved the size of the balcony and the proximity to the Concierge Lounge.  I would recommend this location to anyone who is not concerned about possible soot on the balcony.  Also, you will be visible to the decks above you while out on the balcony.

• Like 1