Train from FLL to Miami

OCVTSGIRL

In 10 days we cruise on Symphony of the Seas out of Miami.  We are flying into FLL and have a hotel booked in Miami.  The hotel has a free shuttle from the Miami Airport and also in the morning to the POM.  We are seriously thinking of taking the Tri Rail from FLL to the Miami Airport.  It is just my husband and I and we will only have 1 suitcase each.  I would love to hear the pros and cons to doing this from anybody who has done it.

The train itself is only 45 minutes, but at FLL you have to take a bus from the terminals to the station which adds time. 

I have taken it a few times and it was fine.  The only problem is on the weekend they are not very frequent so you could be waiting around for a while on the weekend you might look at other alternatives like goshuttle or redcoach

Its not worth it. You will save maybe $30 to get on a shuttle go to the trains station, hope to time the train right and not wait 45-mins, get on the train that takes you to MIA airport to then get on a shuttle. You are looking at potentially 2-hour travel time. 

Or just get in the car and take a 45-min drive and $35-$40.00 

The train is 42 minutes from FLL to MIA.  Plus shuttle time, probably waiting for the train, etc.  Totally not worth the $35 - $40 in savings.  Don't do it.

TriRail is great for some scenarios, this isn't one of them.  You wouldn't want to take either train (Brightline or TriRail) in this case.  Just catch an Uber.

Edited by BNBR

I've done it twice but I was solo.  I am just going to sit in my hotel room killing time anyways or down in the hotel bar spending money.  Landing late afternoon it works for me and the Uber ride is more like $40-45 to many Miami area hotels from FLL. 

The $40 savings pays for my hotel meal a few drinks plus it kills time where I'll just be sitting in my hotel room so it's a win-win for me.