If you had to compare

misguy

19 hours ago, Rsavtechcruise said:

Well to follow up on that Hilton also has some special floors called different things across the brands with there own lounges 

Agree with you but I said Marriott because I didn't want to show my partiality: I happen to be retired from Hilton call center.☺️

For those that provided helpful suggestions, thank you very much, you have helped me rethink my idea.  I was in fact a travel agent many years ago, and at least in some cases I have seen travel agents push products that might generate more revenue and might not be in the clients best interests.  Not saying that of every travel agent, but some.  I also think that eductating people, in this case travelers, is a good thing.  The more educated a traveler is, the better the choices they make.  As far as the differences in NCL ship, if you look at my signature, you will see I have have been on many different ships.  Including the Breakaway, and the Jewel this year.  I do still believe that the Carnival product overall is different than Norwegian.  Norwegian is different than Seaborne or Crystal.  So in that sense, you can make some generalizations.

I would narrow down for customers if they are big ship people or midsize ship people.

Newer ships mean mega ships and not everyone is a mega ship person.   Many people don't care about a rock climbing wall or a race track.    

I sailed on the NCL Gem a couple months ago after several years of cruising NCL's mega ships.   Oh how I enjoyed returning to a midsized ship.   There was so much more deck space, my lounger wasn't jammed right up to the next guy's lounger.    I enjoyed the entertainment more, I enjoyed the smaller vibe.    

I'm presenting a budget travel lecture this week and since I'm NOT a travel agent, I'm attempting to be objective based on my experiences and the information I've gathered from the wise people on this board. I've learned you really can't generalize because ships and each sailing vary based on:

- the age and size of the ship

- the destination

- types of passengers on that cruise.

-the time of year

-cabin choice (you can't compare an inside to the Haven or Yacht Club)

-the atmosphere resulting from the captain and other officers

-Length of cruise

So, any cruise can be filled with mostly mature adults in November, but spring break will be an entirely different population with a party atmosphere. A three day cruise experience out of Miami will be a world apart from a 23 night transpacific.

Read the review section and there will be one star reviews and rave five stars on the same sailing. How could that happen?  Perhaps the one star was written by someone traveling with a special needs person and feels they weren't adequately attended to by the staff while the five star was a person in the Haven with a full drink package.

Edited by Markanddonna

Here is a fun article that may be helpful. Opinions are of course those of the authors.

https://www.cruisecritic.com/articles.cfm?ID=66

Then there is this article as well.

https://www.cruisecritic.com/articles.cfm?ID=129

Finally, here is the answer to your question. However, I don't think the two are comparable.

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/cruises/771524-comparing-cruise-lines-hotel-chains.html

Edited by candycaramel