The Big Deal - 1 free additional perk on "Sail" and "Sail Plus" September 5-19

mikkelhansen

20 minutes ago, AZcruisegirl said:

Thank you for your response.  I did call Celebrity and unfortunately did not have any luck.  At least I can say I tried!  I’m looking forward to my Cruise.  It will be our 1st sailing on Celebrity. 

You might try again, it's possible you'll have better luck with another rep. If you booked with a travel agent, s/he will have to call.

We got an additional $300 OBC and a cabin upgrade after final payment during a similar situation this past spring by having our TA call.

Good luck!

On 9/9/2019 at 2:02 PM, Grayce said:

I called my TA and was able to have free gratuities added to my B2B next year for no additional cost. I already had 2 perks included. My deposit remained refundable.

I did the same thing. I'm getting more onboard credits ($300 as a perk, $150 for booking onboard, $322 from the travel agent) than I ever had before, and now gratuities are covered too. I wish they would just lower the prices instead. 

I have been following the price on a cruise for about 6 months.  At the beginning of this BIG Sale, the price was $3925 total.  Well, the sale isn't over until tomorrow, yet the price is now $4325.  It still shows $400 off, but the base price increased by $400.

Celebrity advertising/deception.  It's really ugly.

On September 5, 2019 at 10:15 PM, Glendakayself said:

I saw a price reduction of $200 per person on the web site this morning for our 2020 Alaska cruise. I called and was told that the price with two perks that I was seeing on the web site was a "non-refundable deposit price." The cruise is a year away, and I did not want to switch to a non-refundable deposit with the cruise so far out. 

After reading this thread, I did a mock booking again, and the web site definitely quotes the reduced price I saw this morning with a "refundable deposit." I called again, and the rep said there was no possible price reduction for my booking at this time. He did say I was entitled to a third perk with the current promotion at no extra charge. I accepted the extra perk.

Update: Saturday morning, I called to make a payment on our 2020 cruise. I asked the rep to do a price check because I understood that the price I was seeing was incorret, and I could not get an accurate price on the website. The rep asked what I was seeing. I told her. She said that was not what the line was offering but wanted me to take her through the process that provided me the price. I did, and she saw what I had been seeing. The rep consulted with a supervisor who gave me the web-site price and left the extra perk in place that the rep had given me the week before even though the web site only showed two perks with the price. I was willing to give up the third perk for the lower price, but they apologized for the inconvenience and made me a very happy customer!!!

Sunday morning, the website was corrected, and the price I received was only available with one perk, but the deposit is still listed as "refundable."

• Like 1