Does Regent Use Any Particular Airline

alwaysonaship

No such thing as a stupid question.  Regent has contracts with most airlines but not all flights or routes.  They use American Airlines, United, KLM, SAS, Cathay Pacific, Emirates (included from East Coast only) and others that I cannot think of right now.  It is best to pay the $175/person to use Custom Air that can be booked 270 days before embarkation.  This gives you choices rather than having Regent assign you flights around 75 days prior to the cruise.  

When going overseas, we try to use foreign airlines because we get Business Class air.  However, if you have a stop in the U.S., the flight is usually coach (unless there is room in another class)

We cannot deal with economy. I did pay the upgrade for business class ..this cruise is next September 2020, but was “a good deal” our TA said he was going to call them back 270 days before the cruise so we would hopefully get business in the US also. Many years ago coach really wasn’t horrible, but we had a short flight  recently coming home out of LAX on American and the seats were so close to each other that my knees were touching the back of the seat in front. That is close, and miserable even for an hour. 

‘’Thanks, and now we are off to Montreal for a few days in Mont Tremblac and then on Seabourn and will go to Newfoundland and back. Should be nice. I am enjoying your review on Crystal. 

This is Barcelona to Montreal.. a very nice Trip, and we love Barcelona, and I graduated from high school ages ago in Spain. We are going to take care of our own air coming back from Montreal. I am sure it will all be fine. I was curious about everyone’s experience with their air. 

12 hours ago, alwaysonaship said:

This is Barcelona to Montreal.. a very nice Trip, and we love Barcelona, and I graduated from high school ages ago in Spain. We are going to take care of our own air coming back from Montreal. I am sure it will all be fine. I was curious about everyone’s experience with their air. 

I may be misunderstanding you, but Regent provides Business Class for Transoceanic flights.  So Barcelona to Montreal should be in Business Class as included in your Cruise Fare.  If you change flights in North America (U.S. or Canada) then the domestic leg, as I understand it could be economy.  We have only done one cruise with Regent.  I deviated 270 days out.  We were traveling Sydney to Atlanta with a plane change in LAX.  When I called Regent to deviate, I picked my desired flights, they confirmed they had a contract, and we were immediately booked in Business Class (Delta One) Sydney to LAX then First Class (also on Delta) LAX to Atlanta.  

So as others recommended, deviate 270 days out.  It's worth the $175 deviation fee to pick your airline and flights early.  Then you can be sure to get what you want.