Age old question - where’s my bed?

Ja2012

8 minutes ago, elaineb said:

Can anyone help me?  Symphony of the Seas rm 12556.  I am up 2 to 3 times a night to the bathroom.  I hope the bed is close to the bathroom!

Bed is near the balcony.

The adjoining staterooms (e.g., 6282/6284) have the door between staterooms in the wall that's at the foot of the bed in both cases (at least on every adjoining stateroom I've seen elsewhere). This means that one's feet would point aft when you're lying in bed in 6282 and point forward in 6280. The bathroom will be to the right of the bed, toward the door.

Edited by Underwatr

1 hour ago, Billy Baltic said:

Am I missing something? Is this a serious question? 🤔

On Oasis class ships, the bed can be either by the balcony or by the closet.  It switches every other cabin.  There is a pattern so if you know one, you can tell where your bed will be.

• Like 1

So I thought that I read here that the beds alternated next to balcony and next to bathroom in alternate cabins.  We had 8140 on Radiance and son and DIL had 8138.  Both had the bed next to the balcony, ours foot toward bow, son's foot toward stern.

We didn't care but this did not go along with the alternate theory.

1 hour ago, breezy_carol said:

So I thought that I read here that the beds alternated next to balcony and next to bathroom in alternate cabins.  We had 8140 on Radiance and son and DIL had 8138.  Both had the bed next to the balcony, ours foot toward bow, son's foot toward stern.

We didn't care but this did not go along with the alternate theory.

The alternating cabins applies only to Quantum and Oasis class ships 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Billy Baltic said:

Am I missing something? Is this a serious question? 🤔

One of the reasons that this question started was that on Allure and Oasis having the bed near the bath made it very difficult to get into the closet.  Another reason is that for those that use a walker, scooter or just mobility issues  having the bed near the balcony leaves a lot more free space after  you enter the cabin. 

• Like 1

Okay I'm jumping in, room 7714 and 7718 on the Harmony, where's the bed?  I prefer the couch by the balcony but I think I am going to be disappointed.

Related, if anyone has 7716, 7712, or 7720 for 10/27 and wants to make a switch, let me know, LOL.  I booked last minute (while on my Dorian-shortened 9/1 Harmony cruise) and having the cabins two apart was the best they could do.

2 minutes ago, amzgirl said:

Okay I'm jumping in, room 7714 and 7718 on the Harmony, where's the bed?  I prefer the couch by the balcony but I think I am going to be disappointed.

Related, if anyone has 7716, 7712, or 7720 for 10/27 and wants to make a switch, let me know, LOL.  I booked last minute (while on my Dorian-shortened 9/1 Harmony cruise) and having the cabins two apart was the best they could do.

7714 and 7718 has the bed by the bath

Edited by Ourusualbeach
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, amzgirl said:

7714 and 7718 both have sofabeds, so the main bed is near the bathroom.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

7714 and 7718 both have sofabeds, so the main bed is near the bathroom.

Hurrah!  I didn't bother to completely unpack for the 3-day cruise, so my case took up most of the couch, but I am looking forward to the couch by the balcony for the 7-day cruise.

6 hours ago, elaineb said:

Can anyone help me?  Symphony of the Seas rm 12556.  I am up 2 to 3 times a night to the bathroom.  I hope the bed is close to the bathroom!

The room is like 140 sq ft....everything is near the bathroom.

https://www.cruisedeckplans.com/DP/deckplans/stateroom-details.php?ship=Symphony-of-the-Seas&cabin=12148

• Haha 1