Premium plus beverage package not YC

joeyjeremiah

Thank you!  I know what's technically included but then again I wonder if our level of service in a Fantastica Balcony would be different than in the YC.  If I could get a French 75 sent to my room... well, that's a game changer!

On 8/18/2021 at 6:01 PM, zackarykeef said:

We just got off the Meraviglia a few days ago. I do have to say we were YC, and upgraded to the P+ because it was so cheap. I don’t know if it was YC or P+ or a combo of both, but basically everything was available to us. We drank and ate from the mini bar freely, and it was always restocked. We had French 75s sent to our room without question. We ordered ice cream on OC and weren’t charged (whether that was included or an accident, IDK). And we got all the expensive wine and champagne we wanted without question. It was a dream, and I wouldn’t do it any other way from now on.

(Granted, we are big wine and champagne drinkers, so it was in our benefit.)

I can’t say what it’s like outside YC.

Be quick.  The Premium Plus package ends in November 13th (on Meraviglia - different dates on other ships) and from then on the best drinks package (premium extra) only includes drinks up to $15.  

I'm a big wine drinker, and have really enjoyed sampling the wines on MSC.  I will miss the premium plus package....

More details on the new packages: https://www.msccruisesusa.com/on-board/dining-drinks/drink-comparison-chart

Edited by 8420PR

Really hoping we get to enjoy PremPlus again on our upcoming cruise in October.  Premium is included but it’s a no-brainer to upgrade for the better quality wines and spirits, the latter which I drink neat, so are especially savoured. 

On 8/19/2021 at 7:02 PM, Beamafar said:

....it’s a no-brainer to upgrade for the better quality wines and spirits, the latter which I drink neat...

You must. without doubt, be great fun on a cruise if you're drinking unlimited neat spirits!!

😂 😂

3 minutes ago, no1talks said:

Port and brandy, you say?

Have you ever tried a Betsy Ross cocktail?

No - never heard of it.  Will have to check it out. 😜

Many people over the years on cruises have asked what I was drinking when they’d see the maroon-coloured liquid in a brandy glass.  Next thing I’d hear them ordering the same and signalling to me how good it was.  😁

12 minutes ago, no1talks said:

Port and brandy, you say?

Have you ever tried a Betsy Ross cocktail?

Just looked it up - sounds delish.  I’ve got the bitters; gonna have to go shopping for the other ingredients now.  😂😂😂

Indeed, G @hamrag    😉😉

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Beamafar said:

No - never heard of it.  Will have to check it out. 😜

Many people over the years on cruises have asked what I was drinking when they’d see the maroon-coloured liquid in a brandy glass.  Next thing I’d hear them ordering the same and signalling to me how good it was.  😁

Betsy Ross

1.5 oz. Port 

1.5 oz. Brandy 

0.5 oz. Orange Curaçao

1 or 2 dashes of bitters (orange if you have it)

Stir with ice and strain into a chilled cocktail glass.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Beamafar said:

Just looked it up - sounds delish.  I’ve got the bitters; gonna have to go shopping for the other ingredients now.  😂😂😂

Indeed, G @hamrag    😉😉

D'oh! Didn't know you already tracked it down.

Well, it's there for other interested imbibers.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Was afraid ice would be mentioned 😱.  For me it’s sacrilege to put ice anywhere near brandy/cognac.  In fact, the barmen nearly always warm the glasses when I order it onboard.  

Edited by Beamafar

2 hours ago, Beamafar said:

Brandy/cognac should always be warmed.  It’s why the glass is shaped as it is - so you can wrap your hands around it to warm it.

(Sorry for the delayed reply. Safety first, no texting behind the wheel. Excuse me while I don my mixology robe and horsehair wig.)

When I was a bartender, I had the good fortune to work for a restaurateur who sent his staff for wine AND Cognac/Armagnac training. I know all about the reasons for the shape and use of the inhaler/snifter. The glass is useful for dark spirits generally. (Psst. It's the congeners. Vodka need not apply.) Once a congener-containing spirit becomes an ingredient in a cocktail, the "chemistry" is changed and the advantages of the snifter are mostly curb-stomped. But that's okay, because...

As a bartender, I always told guests drink what they enjoy, not necessarily what they "should." If someone enjoys their Long Island iced tea in a beer mug instead of a Collins or Highball... à votre santé.

I also told guests to try new drinks, to hopefully add to the list of "what they enjoy." (See above.) So, as a former bartender, I recommend the Betsy Ross mixed, then poured into a well-chilled Martini or Coupe glass. (Again, omit the preliminary stir in ice, if desired.)  Sip and allow to spread around the mouth. The warming gradient from chilled glass to inner pie hole is much more pronounced than that of hand-around-snifter. That rapid change in the drink's temperature will send taste/olfactory sensations past the soft palate and into nasal cavity from the rear.

Drinking alcohol isn't just self-degradation. It's science!

L'chaim.
sinatra-and-crosby-in-High-Society.gif.ff4c25ab9e491de64f558ce9e31c4f7b.gif

• Like 3