Carnival Christmas Cruise question(s)

geoffrywillhardt

I read Carnivals policy on lighting. It said absolutely no string lights. I found a fire resistant "pre-strung" tree. I was wondering if anyone has any experience with these or decorating the cabin in general for Christmas. Do you have to bring proof that something is fire resistant. Do they view fire resistant and fire retardant as different or in the same class? What about individual battery operated lights such as fake candles? 

The last post I found on wrapped packages was fairly old so I was looking for more recent information just to make sure nothing has changed. Anyone had issues with wrapped packages being unwrapped and having to rewrap? 

Last one. Are the menus all the same with the exception of Christmas day or do they do altered menus other days such as Christmas eve? 

Thanks for all the help everyone :)

We have several usb powered Christmas trees that we brought on a December cruise.  In the cabin we plugged them into a usb adapter.  They are small, so we brought one to our table in the MDR every night and used a small power bank to light it up.  We also have a small snowflake that is usb powered.  It suction cups to a window or mirror.  We use that in the bathroom of every cruise (with a power bank) that does not have to ability to plug in a nightlight.  EM

17 hours ago, fyree39 said:

If Carnival says absolutely no string lights, why would you bring them? Please tell me you won't bring them anyway.

The description says "pre-strung" but the pictures show the lights to be built into the branches. Was just wondering if anyone had any experience with these. Did they consider them string lights or not. My gut is telling me worrying about lights is going to be too much of a hassle to deal with but the dad in me is wanting to make sure my son has the full Christmas experience in our cabin on Christmas morning, lights, garland, presents and all.  

We went on a Christmas cruise last year.  We got a pop up Christmas tree from Lovepop and quite a few pop up cards (a Nativity scene and others) that we decorated our cabin with.  The tree was great!  No problem with wrapped gifts.  As far as lighting, I also brought some Christmas theme night lights that plugged into sockets - put one in the bathroom.  Garlands were no problem, wrapped those around a few things and brought Christmas hats and stockings.  Plus, remember, there are trees and lights every where in the public spaces as well as usually a gingerbread display (sometimes more than one).