Cococay Tram

MaskedTurtle

Are there 2 trams at Cococay...1 for the pier and 1 for the island?  Also, does the pier go all the way around the island?  I downloaded a map that indicates tram route and walking paths, and it looks like the tram route ends at the far end of Chill Island.  I've seen conflicting info, so I wanted to confirm with someone who has been there recently.

The pier has golf cart like vehicles that run to the tram station near Thrill Water park. 

The island tram is larger and it does the route around the island, turning around at Chill Island and returning along the same route in the opposite direction.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, MaskedTurtle said:

I re-read what I wrote and realized how stupid it sounded.  I actually meant to ask if the tram route went all the way around the island.

I understood what you meant, I don't have the answer though as I have not been there since it was revamped. Some people just can't help being sarcastic.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, twangster said:

The pier has golf cart like vehicles that run to the tram station near Thrill Water park. 

The island tram is larger and it does the route around the island, turning around at Chill Island and returning along the same route in the opposite direction.

So, the route isn't a complete circle or circuit.  That's what the map looked like.  If I wanted to go to the part of chill island that is by the beach bungalows, snorkel shack, straw market, etc., I would walk since the tram doesn't go there...right?  

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, charmy98 said:

I understood what you meant, I don't have the answer though as I have not been there since it was revamped. Some people just can't help being sarcastic.

Thanks.  I knew what I wanted to say, but my fingers typed something else.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, MaskedTurtle said:

So, the route isn't a complete circle or circuit.  That's what the map looked like.  If I wanted to go to the part of chill island that is by the beach bungalows, snorkel shack, straw market, etc., I would walk since the tram doesn't go there...right?  

Yes. The paved walkway will take you to the area, but it’s all packed sand in that area (straw market, snorkel shack.)

• Like 1

The tram route is illustrated on this map in blue.

bJEHPeU.jpg

It starts near the CocoCay sign, goes to the right around Thrill Water park, behind the balloon,  around the back side of Oasis Lagoon and along Chill Island ending near the Chill Island Grill where it turns around and goes back the other way.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, charmy98 said:

Thank you for being a mind reader.

I answered directly what I took to be a direct question.

But I see that you didn't answer her at all.

2 hours ago, twangster said:

bJEHPeU.jpg

It starts near the CocoCay sign, goes to the right around Thrill Water park, behind the balloon,  around the back side of Oasis Lagoon and along Chill Island ending near the Chill Island Grill where it turns around and goes back the other way.

That's the one I downloaded.  I had assumed that the tram went on a complete circuit, but when I looked at this map, it didn't appear so.

1 hour ago, Merion_Mom said:

Thank you for being a mind reader.

I answered directly what I took to be a direct question.

But I see that you didn't answer her at all.

After I read your answer, I re-read what I originally wrote and thought "oh my goodness, that just sounds silly."  I can only imagine what you thought.  

6 hours ago, twangster said:

bJEHPeU.jpg

Where does it stop, other than both ends of the circuit?

12 hours ago, MaskedTurtle said:

After I read your answer, I re-read what I originally wrote and thought "oh my goodness, that just sounds silly."  I can only imagine what you thought.  

I only thought that you might not be familiar with the marine terms. 😊

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Lorey2007 said:

How crowded is the Pier tram and does it just continually go back and forth?

We were there a couple of weeks ago and not crowded at all as it isn’t a particularly long walk. 

It was running all day on a continuous loop  loop like the tram.

• 3 months later...