Move-Up Offer

Mike45LC

Just got a move-up offer for the Royal Princess, from mini-suite to unspecified "full suite."  Princess wants to sell us this upgrade for "only" $560 per person, which works out to be $80 per person per day.   I am not rushing to accept; I'd like the larger balcony -- especially on the Royal with its small balconies.  But not for $160 per day.

So anyone else who got this offer, I am NOT competing with you, take your time in accepting!!

• Haha 1

Oops, I see if I do just a little arithmetic this is a 7 day cruise.

For the added money I would consider an aft suite with the bigger balcony. But I would not consider one of the side-facing Riviera suites. They have the same skinny balconies as most Royal-class balconies.

Jim

We took an upsell to a suite on a 10-day cruise on the Regal a couple of years ago. It was wonderful. It was the same price per day as the OP's offer. One of the reasons I took it was that we had paid so little for the cruise initially. We ended up paying less than $150 per person per day for the suite.

We got our first upsell offer back in May on a 3 day LA to Vancouver coastal. We went from a BE balcony to an S4 Penthouse Suite. When I saw the offer, I figured that it would be for an S6 Vista suite, but they offered the S4 at the same price so I jumped on it and was able to pick the cabin I wanted, so it pays to have a quick look at the deck plans beforehand to see what is available. 

9 hours ago, Mike45LC said:

Just got a move-up offer for the Royal Princess, from mini-suite to unspecified "full suite."  Princess wants to sell us this upgrade for "only" $560 per person, which works out to be $80 per person per day.   I am not rushing to accept; I'd like the larger balcony -- especially on the Royal with its small balconies.  But not for $160 per day.

Unless the suite being offered is at the very front or rear of the ship, the balcony size may be wider, but it will not be deeper.

16 hours ago, geoherb said:

We took an upsell to a suite on a 10-day cruise on the Regal a couple of years ago. It was wonderful. It was the same price per day as the OP's offer. One of the reasons I took it was that we had paid so little for the cruise initially. We ended up paying less than $150 per person per day for the suite.

I think we were at about $ 160 pp per day after our upsell to a PH suite on the CB ... 4 day cruise

Some of the best money I ever spent on a cruise ship ...