Tahiti - Fare-Suisse

jbmom2120

I have a question in regard to a hotel in Tahiti called Fare-Suisse.

I tried to book a room on their website and as I was at the end of the booking it asked me to verify that I agreed to the terms and conditions.  I am unable to find the terms & conditions on their website, therefore did not agree.  

I tried to contact them to ask what the terms & conditions are that I would be agreeing to, via email 11 days ago, and have not received a response. 

Does anyone know if I were to try & call them, if they speak English?  Does anyone know what their terms and conditions are?  Is it normal that it would take a long time to respond to email?

Thanks in advance.

K

Yes they DO speak English. And I'd email once again as they usually respond within a few days. info@fare-suisse.com You may not have tried to book directly with them and if not I'd recommend it.

I just did a mock booking at that email address and didn't see terms and conditions. I've stayed with them several times and they are are very nice people and respond within a day. It's not fancy like a hotel but very clean and comfortable. You won't be disappointed as the rooms are so reasonably priced for Tahiti. Their room quotes are given in euros as the exchange rate is better.

Hope it works out for you.

Edited by Petoonya
  • Like 1

On 9/13/2019 at 2:49 PM, Petoonya said:

Yes they DO speak English. And I'd email once again as they usually respond within a few days. info@fare-suisse.com You may not have tried to book directly with them and if not I'd recommend it.

I just did a mock booking at that email address and didn't see terms and conditions. I've stayed with them several times and they are are very nice people and respond within a day. It's not fancy like a hotel but very clean and comfortable. You won't be disappointed as the rooms are so reasonably priced for Tahiti. Their room quotes are given in euros as the exchange rate is better.

Hope it works out for you.

2 minutes ago, Tahitianbigkahuna said:

Benni is a great guy  ...... just book it as they are usually full well ahead of time 😉

Reasonable, clean, A/C and within walking distance to many things

Hello,

Thank you both for your replies.  

I did end up booking it earlier today.  At the end of the booking, It asked me if I agreed to the terms and conditions and then if I agreed to the privacy policy.  The website never did let me read what those were....

I did receive an email response confirming my booking, so I am grateful for that.

Do you happen to know if they take credit cards? Or should I be prepared to pay in another currency?  If so, which currency is best?

It looks like a place well suited for us.  We like to walk, so I am happy to hear there will be many things to walk to.  

May I ask, what kind of restaurants are near by?  

Thanks again for your help!

You do know how to do a Google map search  ..... right?  

I always figure I'm doing someone else's foot work when it's so easy to do a search on your own.

Bottom line there are several places within 1/4 - 1/2 mile. Probably best to get yourself down to the avenue that fronts the waterfront  ..... then head to your right. 

TBK beat me to the punch- yes Google Fare Suisse Papeete and you can see what dining is  close, but there is a lot more.  Fare Suisse does take credit cards. If you'd like to have a some XPFs there's an ATM right at the Champion Market a block away. Beni and his wife Theresa can make restaurant recommendations for you. We always use the lunch/ dinner trucks Papeete Roulottes- amazing food. It's about 1.5- 2 miles but a nice walk. Good way to see much of Papeete.

You can also see where the pier is from Fare Suisse- just move the map a little to the east and you'll see what looks like the outline of a dock on the water. There your ship will await you. Beni or Theresa will bring you there on your day of sailing:)

Edited by Petoonya
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, Petoonya said:

TBK beat me to the punch- yes Google Fare Suisse Papeete and you can see what dining is  close, but there is a lot more.  Fare Suisse does take credit cards. If you'd like to have a some XPFs there's an ATM right at the Champion Market a block away. Beni and his wife Theresa can make restaurant recommendations for you. We always use the lunch/ dinner trucks Papeete Roulottes- amazing food. It's about 1.5- 2 miles but a nice walk. Good way to see much of Papeete.

You can also see where the pier is from Fare Suisse- just move the map a little to the east and you'll see what looks like the outline of a dock on the water. There your ship will await you. Beni or Theresa will bring you there on your day of sailing:)

Great, thank you!