Room occupancy?

Bob NC

2 hours ago, Elaine5715 said:

What you think is comparable it unlikely to be the same as the ship  You could be moved from a 4J to a 4B, both are interiors.  Another interior cabin comparable could move you from deck 1 to deck 2 (which they consider a upgrade)  and now under the galley.  You could be moved from midship balcony on Lido to aft balcony, still balcony.  

At least you are now comparing 4J to 4B and not 6A to 4A. You are getting closer. If they were going to bump i would hope they would stay in the same cat as was booked but who know until it happens to them.

Edited by canes20

2 minutes ago, canes20 said:

At least you are now comparing 4J to 4B and not 6A to 4A. You are getting closer. If they were going to bump i would hope they would stay in the same cat as was booked but who know until it happens to them.

I wasn't comparing interiors (4A) and oceanviews (6A).   You can't do better than a 4J as an interior... in my opinion. But the cruise line considered a 4K is a upgrade 

When it comes to comparables, there are no A,B,C etc,  It will be simply interior, Ocean View, Balcony and suite.  If you are in one , category, they can move you at will to any cabin in that category.  But if there is nothing left in your booked category, they will put you where they chose, maybe upgrade, may be not.  If you don't like it, they will tell you to take the guarantee at the next port.  

34 minutes ago, Elaine5715 said:

I wasn't comparing interiors (4A) and oceanviews (6A).   You can't do better than a 4J as an interior... in my opinion. But the cruise line considered a 4K is a upgrade 

When it comes to comparables, there are no A,B,C etc,  It will be simply interior, Ocean View, Balcony and suite.  If you are in one , category, they can move you at will to any cabin in that category.  But if there is nothing left in your booked category, they will put you where they chose, maybe upgrade, may be not.  If you don't like it, they will tell you to take the guarantee at the next port.  

In post 16  you said they could move any reason, any ship referring to 6A to 4A. Now you have cleared that up. Thank you

1 hour ago, Elaine5715 said:

I find it hard to believe the cruise line is going to tell you to take the vacation guarantee and get off at the next port.

Their main goal is to make sure everyone is satisfied and in the cases where pax want to use the vacation guarantee they will usually try to rectify whatever problem is causing them to invoke the vacation guarantee.

Of course YMMV.🙂

We recently took an upsell for 3 balcony cabins to spa balcony cabins. We were all put in 3 occupancy cabins even though we’re two in each cabin. The agent said she just had to tell us that it’s a very small chance that if they needed our three occupancy cabin and there was a two occupancy spa cabin open they could move us. There were no two occupancy spa cabins available and now all spa cabins are sold out so I’m not worried about it not that I would mind anyway. I’d think the OP could only be moved to lido deck cabins if one opened and they needed their cabin.

They could bump you, chances are usually slim because they would have the room as booked and unless a specific group came and asked for a room and none others were there you probably would not be bumped. I have been in rooms for four as a single and with one other.

Im surprised they would give you the option at all. We were booked in a cabin for 4 with 4 people when one person backed out. I called to see about getting the taxes and port fees back for the 4th person and told them I was willing to pay the full fare for the 4th person because we wanted to stay in the same room and the told us no. They said we had to move to a room for 3. We were on the lido deck and had to pay for an upgrade to stay on the lido deck. At the time I had not spent much time on the boards here and did not realize no-showing was a thing.  

My son and his family received an up sell from an obstructed balcony cabin for 3 to an extended balcony cabin that sleeps 4. So Carnival put the 3 of them in a cabin for 4. That change was 8 months before the cruise. I was thrilled because now they will be four cabins away from us.