soda package transfer

cmgcruise

Can the free soda package for a Boardwalk cabin be transferred to another passenger? Hubby and I are in Boardwalk cabin.  He is fine with soda package.  I prefer options on the refreshment package so I want to transfer the other soda package to friends who are traveling with us.  Is that possible?

Can't be transferred, refunded, or upgraded (i.e. if you want the refreshment package you'll have to buy the refreshment at it's current price, you won't get any credit for the soda package)

The only way to "transfer" it would be to set up the reservation such that your husband and friend A are in one room, and you and friend B are in the other room, then go to guest services and get keys for the other rooms so you can sleep where you want

15 minutes ago, cmgcruise said:

Thanks for such a quick response.  Assume we'll have three souvenir cups, so I could just give friend the extra cup, right?

Against the cruise line's rules. You could also embarass your friend if they are asked to show their SeaPass card to confirm the package.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, cmgcruise said:

Thanks for such a quick response.  Assume we'll have three souvenir cups, so I could just give friend the extra cup, right?

free soda pkg (1 cup for DH) you bought refreshment pkg (1 cup for you). Where do you get 3 cups? If your friend just refills his cup at the Coke machine, nobody will be the wiser. If you give him one, tell him not to refill it at a bar, they may ask to see his Seapass card.

19 minutes ago, cmgcruise said:

a) As Bob said it's against the rules. 90% chance nobody will say anything, but theoretically Royal Caribbean can punish sharing the drink package according to the cruise contract you sign.

b) There's no guarantee you'll get three cups. I've heard a few people on here say they got the extra cups, but we've gotten the deluxe package while staying in a boardwalk balcony three times now and never got 4 cups, we've always only gotten two.

Sure don't want to embarrass my friend.  I just assumed I would get three cups, since I purchased 1 refreshment and got 2 free soda packages.  And was trying to see if I could pass one along for friend to use in the machines.  But if transfers are against the rules, I'll forgo that.  Thanks again to all for the input.

7 minutes ago, wolfcathorse said:

free soda pkg (1 cup for DH) you bought refreshment pkg (1 cup for you). Where do you get 3 cups? If your friend just refills his cup at the Coke machine, nobody will be the wiser. If you give him one, tell him not to refill it at a bar, they may ask to see his Seapass card.

If she bought the refreshment package then there would be 3 cups in the room 1 for the refreshment package and 2 for the soda package that comes with the room.  I know it sounds crazy but that’s how they have done it with us on 4 separate occasions. 

11 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

If she bought the refreshment package then there would be 3 cups in the room 1 for the refreshment package and 2 for the soda package that comes with the room.  I know it sounds crazy but that’s how they have done it with us on 4 separate occasions. 

Three cruises for me (2 on Harmony and one on Symphony) and I never got more than 2 cups in the room. I know many on here have gotten the extra cups, but it's not a sure thing.

13 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

But you had enough guests in the room to consume all the cups, right?  However 4 cups in a room with only two guests booked in that room is different. 

14 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

But you had enough guests in the room to consume all the cups, right?  However 4 cups in a room with only two guests booked in that room is different. 

Nope.  The last time we had more than 2 in a room was over 5 years ago on Liberty.  All our Oasis class sailings have been with 2 guests per room.  

B2B on Navigator a few months ago.  Two in room.  Two cups first cruise.  Four on second.  First two cups continued to work for whole second week.  Steward thought it was funny when he delivered them and enjoyed lining up the extra cups in different ways throughout the second cruise (yes, he was a character!).