drink glass question?

MzItaly79

I posted this in another area but haven't received a single response. New to cruising and I've read in alot of posts about the souvenier glasses you can get. Are they only the glasses the drink of the day is served in or do they serve other drinks in them as well? I just don't want to not keep glasses that I've paid for or take glasses I'm not supposed to. Sailing on the Majesty of the Seas late April.

Just like a regular hotel room, there will be drinking glasses in your cabin.

When you order a drink, you must specify that you do not want the souvenier glass or they will sell it to you because they make more money. :rolleyes: If you buy one, you can have it refilled at the regular price. :cool:

Like trish1c posted... you purchase your first drink in a souvenier glass, and then you can use it the rest of the week for refills at the normal drink price.

I believe these are only for the drink of the day foo-foo drinks. Any other drink will be in a regular nice plastic drink glass.

The first day, some cruise lines will try and serve anything in those glasses to you if you don't specify not to. I am a rye and water drinker. On Carnival, I ordered a rye and water the first night in the show room and out they come with it in the novelty glass and the price to go with it. The foo-foo drink price, I might add with a drink so weak (I think they are larger than the regular glasses but have the same amount of booze in it) you could read a newspaper through it. I made him take it back and he was not happy. I never had any trouble after the first day with that. If you really want one of those glasses, trust me, they will be abandoned all over the place by 6:00 p.m. Some ships change the color/shape every day to encourage you to "collect" them. However, I have used Monday's glass on Wednesday for "refills." Refills are sometimes cheaper.

Entertainment can be found the first afternoon by watching the bar servers offer "newbies" a foo-foo drink in such a manner they think it is a free "welcome aboard" drink. Have you ever noticed that the little price thingee they have on their tray is usually placed on the edge of their tray facing their chest? After taking the drink (and usually sipping it in the process) and getting about one step away, the server asks for their sign 'n sail card. The expression on some of their faces is priceless. So be aware--no free "welcome aboard" foo foo drink!

Tucker in Texas

Entertainment can be found the first afternoon by watching the bar servers offer "newbies" a foo-foo drink in such a manner they think it is a free "welcome aboard" drink. Have you ever noticed that the little price thingee they have on their tray is usually placed on the edge of their tray facing their chest? After taking the drink (and usually sipping it in the process) and getting about one step away, the server asks for their sign 'n sail card. The expression on some of their faces is priceless. So be aware--no free "welcome aboard" foo foo drink! Tucker in Texas

LOL :D That's funny, i'll be sure to watch for that.

Thanks everyone for the info. I might get a couple glasses but after that I know to ask for a regular glass. :)

LOL Tucker-- I have done jsut that-- People watching on the first day.. you can tell first timers and it really is cute to watch.

Those specialty glasses can only be had on the Lido pool deck.

Actually those "glasses" are plastic. Get one and use it the rest of the week for refills. Its cheaper for refills then buying the whole thing-- 2.00 bucks cheaper

I liked the souvy beer glasses from Disney. You pay $10.00 for it and you get a 22 oz. beer for the price of the 16 oz. beer. That was good and it is glass too. Surprised they let them on the sun decks.On Princess we brought home a total of 15 assorted glasses, hic.

Archived