Question about celebrity cabin selection and final pricing

mickeysgal

I have a question about the celebrity booking website. When I select the "You Choose" option of picking my own specific cabin, it shows a price for that cabin. Got it. The next screen is where the add on of perks comes in. For ease, I pick the Sail Best rate. Got it. Next screen, that summary screen shows that base price jumps significantly. Even given the current promotional deductions which I see on that page also, once you deduct them off the price of that person 1 and 2, the price of that cabin I selected does not equal the cabin price I originally saw when I selected it + the perks. Its way higher, by a couple of hundred dollars. Why? What am I missing?  

The You Choose Option shows the price for the lowest level of available cabin of that type.  So if you Selected Concierge class that has cabins priced from C3 lowest price, C2 and C1 highest priced.  The difference in the 3 designations is the location of the cabin.

So you could have seen a You Choose Option with the price for a C3 but when you looked at the deck plan of available cabins you chose a C2 or C1.  With Verandas there are far more categories.

It is difficult to tell what subcategory the cabin when you are booking without looking a deck plan (not the booking deck plan) like those on the main X website which shows the exact category of each cabin.

When you select a specific cabin the price changes on the upper left hand side of the screen which shows the selected cabin number.  I agree with Jelayne that it's hard to determine sub category on the Celebrity site, they actually don't show it to you until you get your guest invoice.