F.C.C ..NEWBIE

lmmphilly

Our cruise that was supposed to sail was cancelled due to the Hurricane a few weeks ago. We are looking to book a cruise, Nov. 30th. Looks like this is

now in the time frame that you have to pay in full.  If I call and book, will they let me use the FCC certificates at booking or does anyone know if I have to pay in full

then submit for reimbursement.   anyone have any experience with this? I want to use our FCC but don't really hoping I don't have to pay then get reimbursed.

16 minutes ago, lmmphilly said:

Our cruise that was supposed to sail was cancelled due to the Hurricane a few weeks ago. We are looking to book a cruise, Nov. 30th. Looks like this is

now in the time frame that you have to pay in full.  If I call and book, will they let me use the FCC certificates at booking or does anyone know if I have to pay in full

then submit for reimbursement.   anyone have any experience with this? I want to use our FCC but don't really hoping I don't have to pay then get reimbursed.

Folks from my cruise that were impacted by the hurricane reported that they were able to book and then later apply the FCC and got the amount refunded to their payment method for the cruise.  My suggestion would be to go through a TA and make them handle this for you.  If the TA says it can't be done, find one who will get it done.

4 hours ago, lmmphilly said:

Just used two FCC's...one for a previously booked cruise, and the other for a new booking.

The FCC was almost like "cash".  (No, you won't have to pay then get reimbursed.)  The FCC's were immediately credited on both our previously booked and newly booked cruises.  Thank you Royal Caribbean!

When ever I've have booked cruises after final payment due date I've had to pay in full and apply the FCC once it's a booking then get a credit card refund of the FCC value.

The way it was explained to me is that an FCC has to be applied to an actual booking.  Past final payment due date the only way to create a booking is to pay in full, they can't enter a partial payment, they can only enter full payment.  Hence you must pay in full, apply FCC and wait for refund.  

Edited by twangster
  • Thanks 1