Port Of Miami - 8 Ships In Port Debarking - Possible Airport Transport Delays?

Robroy

1985rz1

1985rz1, yes you are correct one of the reasons for the flight changes across those airlines who use the 737 are the issues with the grounding of these planes.    Schedules changed when they were grounded and I read posts on the cruise air board about them changing again with some airlines adding them back to the schedules.

My experience when I book flights shortly after schedules open is there is a pretty good chance of some type of change occurring.  Sometimes they are very minor.

If we have a change of planes on a flight which we book early and there is a change because of how we book our flight it often requires a call on my part to get the flight changed.  This is because when I book flights if there is a change of planes I selected flights with a lot of time between the two flights and lots more than the legal times.  If they change my flights than most times they put me on a second flight with a much shorter (legal though) time so I have to followup with the flight I want.  I've never had a problem getting this all sorted out though.

If you want to minimize the odds of change book later.  Me I will book sooner so I know this is one of the risks and I just check my flights every few weeks.

I do the same thing on Hotels.  Book early and then check every so often to see if the price went down and if it did I followup for the lower price or if my TA booked the hotel I have them followup on the lower price.

Most importantly since this thread is about the timing of flights, the good news is the original poster has a flight with a terrific time lined up . Also if I had to be at an airport for a few hours waiting for a flight this is a pleasant terminal to be at.  

If a flight change this is the worst thing to deal with we are all pretty fortunate IMHO.  

Keith

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Keith1010 said:

1985rz1

Schedules changed when they were grounded and I read posts on the cruise air board about them changing again with some airlines adding them back to the schedules.

I also noticed that changes occur when the grounding delay is extended by the airlines

My experience when I book flights shortly after schedules open is there is a pretty good chance of some type of change occurring.  Sometimes they are very minor.

Us, too.

If we have a change of planes on a flight which we book early and there is a change because of how we book our flight it often requires a call on my part to get the flight changed.  

Same here.

I've never had a problem getting this all sorted out though.

Same here...and like you book sooner, give the times some flexibility and keep checking.

If a flight change this is the worst thing to deal with we are all pretty fortunate IMHO.  

Totally agree.  

Your comments are good advice for everyone.

• Thanks 1

I understand that things will be sorted out but it is not a good feeling when your 2:30 p.m. flight becomes a 6:00 a.m. fight - especially when the flights appear fully booked.  Note:  This flight was not booked by Regent - when we fly to or from Miami, we do our own air so that we can fly First Class (which isn't too impressive on most U.S. based airlines).  

We always book flights through Regent 270 days prior to embarkation and flights within the U.S. as soon as they open.  Most changes do not impact anything as they are changed by only a few minutes .... maybe half an hour.  However, this change was about 8 hours.  Guess that it could happen with other U.S. based airlines.  To be honest, I do not like any of them.  

Edited by Travelcat2
  • Like 1