Boston Cruiseport to State St

Homeagain

We are arriving on the Zuiderdam on Tuesday Oct 15.  We have purchased Hop on Hop off tickets from Cityview Trolley Tours.  We need to get from the cruiseport to the starting point at 296 State St to redeem our voucher and get on the trolley.  We would like to take public transportation if possible.  Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Thanks Nitemare

Where would we get off the Silver Line to walk to State St.?  Is there a specific bus route # to get us there?

Is the MBTA subway at South Station near where we would get off the bus?

I like to be organized and know exactly where I need to be if you don't mind giving a little more detail that would be very helpful.

Thanks

1 hour ago, Homeagain said:

Thanks Nitemare

Where would we get off the Silver Line to walk to State St.?  Is there a specific bus route # to get us there?

Is the MBTA subway at South Station near where we would get off the bus?

I like to be organized and know exactly where I need to be if you don't mind giving a little more detail that would be very helpful.

Thanks

South Station is the end of the Silver Line SL2 Bus.  296 State Street is the Boston Marriott Long Wharf.  You can walk Atlantic Ave north to Long Wharf or you can do a free transfer to the Red Line subway direction Alewife, go one stop to Downtown Crossing, transfer to the Orange Line direction Oak Grove, go one stop to State St, and transfer to the Blue Line direction Wonderland and go one stop to Aquarium which is at Long Wharf.

2 hours ago, Homeagain said:

We need to get from the cruiseport to the starting point at 296 State St to redeem our voucher and get on the trolley.  We would like to take public transportation if possible.  Any suggestions?

Its also like a 6 minute, $8 Uber if you'd like to save a lot of time. 

You can get on Cityview Trolley Tours at any point on the loop.  The drop off pick up point for State Street is in front of the OLD  STATE HOUSE, the MBTA (Metro System) stop for State Street is the Blue Line and located under the Old State House. They also have a South Station Stop and one on the waterfront, next to the Marriott Long Wharf and New England Aquarium. Have done the tour a few times because easy way to get around..... truth be told no one ever asked us to even see tickets, and when on the tour I watch the people coming on, again none were even asked. 

Edited by Expat Cruise

On 9/21/2019 at 11:39 PM, Homeagain said:

Expat Cruise,

Thank you for the information. We got a great deal through groupon - $65 CAD for 4 of us.  Figured it was a good way to get an overview of Boston as we have never been there and only have the one day.

Yes it is I grew up in Boston, went to college and worked around Boston. But when I went back and it was my wife's first visit I used this hop on hop off service.  You should get off at the Old Charlestown Navy Yard, and view the USS Constitution, also should stop at Faneuil Hall Quincy Market, at the back side of Faneuil Hall is State Street and the Old State House.  If you have time a stop at Boston Common / Boston Public Gardens is worth the time.  If you want is is less than a 10 minute walk from Boston Common to Faneuil Hall Quincy Market.

Also  to get back to the ship you could take the Boston Water Taxi Service, would give you a nice look at the inter harbor. Boston is a great place to visit but you do have limited time with just a Port Stop. Enjoy your trip.

Thanks Expat Cruise - the water taxi sounds like a great option for returning to the ship.  Thanks for the extra tips on what to see.  It is always great to get other cruisers input, and I certainly appreciate you taking the time to help me out.  Looking forward to seeing Boston!