Do you find there's anything that the Freedom Class does better than the Oasis class?

10 hours ago, Saab4444 said:

I would not call this an open view of the ocean. During most of the track on Oasis class you have no view at all, it is like running in an underground shaft.

Yes, but this section is very nice.

It never ceases to amaze that the Oasis hating has been ongoing for over 10 years now. 😉

• Like 1

10 hours ago, OSUZorba said:

Only one hump means you can always see either forward or aft. The forward hump blocks views for those in the middle.

A little, but the hump balconies on Oasis ships are massive compared to Freedom.  

I'd say advantage Oasis

On 9/22/2019 at 9:57 AM, Host Clarea said:

Outside promenade deck with chairs to have a quiet place to enjoy being outside with a view of the water.

Viking Crown area open to all guests.

Windjammer that is less crowded.

Schooner Bar that is a central part of the ship, not a seeming afterthought.

Helicopter pad open to all guests.

Fitness Center with expansive views (for now).

On 9/22/2019 at 10:03 AM, Host Clarea said:

Forgot to add:

Solarium with a real pool.

Solarium that is not uncomfortably hot.

On 9/22/2019 at 9:51 AM, VaTech8912 said:

- Have more quiet public areas to  relax in chairs and view the ocean on various decks (promenade deck for example). 

- WJ seems to have better variety and quality of food  (maybe due to ability to server fewer people at once).  Seems less crowded and relaxing.

You both pretty much summed is all up right there.  It's great to see the love for the Freedom and virtually identical (IMO) Voyager class.  I bolded the things most important to us.  

As another poster mentioned, the expanded offering of ports on the Freedom and Voyager classes make a huge difference as well.  LOVED our ABC cruise this past March.

Dan

• Like 1

I agree with John and LaLa that the area on the walking trail on the Harmony where you can sit and see the ocean so close is a great area.  It is quiet there and a good place to read as well. I wish all the Oasis class ship would have this as part of the remodel, but this would change the hull, I think, and it won't happen. 

I agree with all of Host Clarea's list for the Freedom class ships. The Liberty also had porch swings on the pool deck which I liked. They only seat a few people at a time, but they are relaxing and I like their addition. The Viking Crown being open to all guests is a real plus for me. Also on the Liberty, the Diamond Lounge is off the Viking Crown and has a great view. On the deck plans for the Liberty, though, it looks like there are now cabins blocking the view in the fitness center. 

On 9/22/2019 at 11:22 AM, Host Clarea said:

Yep, trivia with that fountain going is torture.

Maybe they could copy Princess. Trivia on Crown Princess had two large screens with the questions on them. 

No struggling to hear or to understand an unfamiliar accent. 

• Like 1

Just now, jagsfan said:

Maybe they could copy Princess. Trivia on Crown Princess had two large screens with the questions on them. 

No struggling to hear or to understand an unfamiliar accent. 

That's a great idea!

On 9/22/2019 at 8:21 AM, bouhunter said:

Get to more and better ports.

I’ve started to look at booking our 2021 cruise, and am considering freedom exactly because of this... and, even with a flight to San Juan, a balcony on freedom is cheaper than the other ship I was looking at - Odyssey (I know, I know, it’s Quantum class, but I’ll have done all of the Oasis class ones, and I prefer to try ships I haven’t been on yet).

On 9/22/2019 at 9:03 AM, Host Clarea said:

Forgot to add:

Solarium with a real pool.

Solarium that is not uncomfortably hot.

I have a basic question...  we’ve only started using the Solarium our past maybe 5 cruises...  do all RCI ships have one?  I never used to pay attention to if they had one or not...

11 minutes ago, Tulsacoker said:

24 minutes ago, vacationlover_mn said:

Has the Freedom dry dock been scheduled?  If so, do you know the date?

January 13-March 7th is it's break in the schedule for the AMPED drydock.

Dan

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, vacationlover_mn said:

I have a basic question...  we’ve only started using the Solarium our past maybe 5 cruises...  do all RCI ships have one?  I never used to pay attention to if they had one or not...

Most, if not all do.  They vary a lot by ship though.  Freedom and Voyager class are in a forward portion of the main pool deck and are uncovered.  They have their own pool and hot tubs.  Other ships have glass covered solariums towards the very front of the ship for instance.

• Like 1