Do you find there's anything that the Freedom Class does better than the Oasis class?

2 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

WJ on Harmony and I'm guessing Symphony have hot stations in the back. Big improvement over Oasis and Allure. Have you tried that?

I'll skip Coastal Kitchen to go there 2-3 times a week

20190820_180138.thumb.jpg.86a711516d6e67354eeb306d90a2dc1f.jpg

Have not.  I will be on Harmony next week so will check it out.  Thx.

• Like 1

I prefer the Freedom class over the Oasis class based on the public room sizes. For example, the Star Lounge on Independence of the Seas is a nice size room for large group games and activities.

On the Oasis class, the Comedy Club and karaoke room are small (for a ship that size) and Dazzles is oddly shaped and has a poorly designed layout (in my opinion). I know the idea is to have different neighborhoods for different activities, but sometimes it just gets really, really crowded.

Edited by MLBFan24

Just now, Thorben-Hendrik said:

No pool!👎

Plus, that is one small area on one side of the ship of a ship that holds 6000 guests.  Once again, the smallest public area of that type in Royal's fleet on the largest cruise ship in the world.

• Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, MLBFan24 said:

I prefer the Freedom class over the Oasis class based on the public room sizes. For example, the Star Lounge on Independence of the Seas is a nice size room for large group games and activities.

On the Oasis class, the Comedy Club and karaoke room are small (for a ship that size) and Dazzles is oddly shaped and has a poorly designed layout (in my opinion). I know the idea is to have different neighborhoods for different activities, but sometimes it just gets really, really crowded.

Never seen a comedy Club on Freedom 

40 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

Plus, that is one small area on one side of the ship of a ship that holds 6000 guests.  Once again, the smallest public area of that type in Royal's fleet on the largest cruise ship in the world.

But it never gets used, doesn't need to be big😉

11 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

But it never gets used, doesn't need to be big😉

I'm not surprised that it's not used much. I've tried it and found it to be stuffy.  Not nearly as nice as the open promenade areas on virtually all the other classes.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Host Clarea said:

One of our favorite places to relax during the day, no music or games blaring from the pool deck.

Closest we have found on Oasis class is aft on deck 5, so long as you can get a chair.

mac_tlc

35 minutes ago, Merion_Mom said:

Where does s/he say that Freedom has a comedy club?

I never said she did. I was just pointing out a shortfall to the Freedom class. 😉

Love the comedy Clubs on Oasis Class. And FWIW, the club on Harmony is a good size.

6 hours ago, Host Clarea said:

I'm not surprised that it's not used much. I've tried it and found it to be stuffy.  Not nearly as nice as the open promenade areas on virtually all the other classes.

It was quite nice on August. Very breezy day though.

Plus the walkers are behind you vs in front of you😉

Edited by John&LaLa

We took my son and nephew on cruises on the Allure, Freedom, and Liberty.  The kid's pool area is much larger on the Freedom and Liberty, with much more to do.  The kid's pool area on the Allure was always over crowded and was not liked or enjoyed by any of us.  Plus, the Freedom and Liberty cruises were less expensive to begin with.   

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, woneill63 said:

We took my son and nephew on cruises on the Allure, Freedom, and Liberty.  The kid's pool area is much larger on the Freedom and Liberty, with much more to do.  The kid's pool area on the Allure was always over crowded and was not liked or enjoyed by any of us.  Plus, the Freedom and Liberty cruises were less expensive to begin with.   

That's a temporary difference.  Harmony and Symphony have great kid pools, Oasis will soon and Allure will next year.

Freedom and Liberty are indeed inexpensive.

Edited by John&LaLa

1 hour ago, John&LaLa said:

I never said she did. I was just pointing out a shortfall to the Freedom class. 😉

Love the comedy Clubs on Oasis Class. And FWIW, the club on Harmony is a good size.

Likewise on Symphony. Comedy Live on Oasis and Allure are definitely a little cramped, but The Attic is a marked improvement in that space

7 minutes ago, garnetpalmetto said:

Likewise on Symphony. Comedy Live on Oasis and Allure are definitely a little cramped, but The Attic is a marked improvement in that space

Correct, I just haven't sailed Symphony yet. 

FWIW, you dont want the club to get to big. Its intimacy is one of its draws. 

12 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Harmony Jogging track is a nice place to enjoy the ocean.

20190810_101444.thumb.jpg.29e734fc0e7be2f94e51d69e856e5f89.jpg

20190810_101456.thumb.jpg.4e017a169997c85995675cc916edaa3c.jpg

I would not call this an open view of the ocean. During most of the track on Oasis class you have no view at all, it is like running in an underground shaft.

Edited by Saab4444
spelling
  • Like 1