Meraviglia YC Deck 18 or 16

bzv143

2 hours ago, bzv143 said:

Trying to decide on a YC1 cabin on either Deck 18 (top) or 16 (next down),  Port or Aft.  Advice? 

Also, I noticed on the MSC website that the rooms and balconies are different sizes. Experiences?

Thanx!

I'm sure you mean PORT or STARBOARD

The choice maybe based on itinerary, If you have days at sea you may want to choose the side of the ship which is facing the sun i.e. the starboard side if you are travelling West to East, in the northern hemisphere, and conversely port side if you are travelling East to West, Travelling in a north to south, or, south to north direction will only affect whether you have sun in the  morning or afternoon.

We had a cabin on MSC Meraviglia on deck 15 port side and cabins on MSC Seaview & MSC Bellissima on deck 16 starboard side. Really no big difference between all of them. Deck 16 is more convenient access to Top Sail Lounge but actually we liked deck 15 because it was even more quiet. Deck 15 is just one flight of stairs to Top Sail Lounge and two flight of stairs to Restaurant, or optional elevator. The experience is Yacht Club with three different cabin types (Royal Suite, Deluxe, Interior). The size and design of the balcony of forward facing cabins on deck 15 is different compared to Deluxe cabins on port & starboard side.

Thx...

Had to look that one up previously to see what was above me when I was booking a suite on deck 16.  Originally thought, "They have a crew deck or mechanical deck in the middle of the Yacht Club?  How odd??"

Found the thread on superstitions and deck "17"....

• 2 years later...

Can anyone advise on the noise levels on deck 18 as it is under the pool/bar area of the YC. We are booked in 18009 and just worried there might be noise from above.  We had cabin 15010 last trip and it was really quiet. 

6 hours ago, canadianbob said:

Can anyone advise on the noise levels on deck 18 as it is under the pool/bar area of the YC. We are booked in 18009 and just worried there might be noise from above.  We had cabin 15010 last trip and it was really quiet. 

Welcome to CC new member!

My suite was on deck 15 near to 15010.  Prior to getting this suite, I wanted to be on Deck 16 because of being closer to the YC Lounge.  Deck 15 offers easy access to the areas of the ship aft of YC.  It was quick and easy to get to the Lounge and the Restaurant.  To have a suite that is on a still higher deck, one risks more "ocean in the motion" possibilities that I experienced on Deck 15.  I would never book a stateroom under any pool deck on any ship and that includes Meraviglia.  

• Like 1

We chose a deck 16 cabin in YC on the MERA that was Starboard because we had an  overnight at Ocean Cay and wanted to watch the lighthouse show from our balcony.  Great access (as others have said) to Topsail lounge, concierge desk, etc.

• Like 2

We were on Virtuosa a few weeks ago which I think is similar. We were on deck 16 which we loved as it's so close to TS lounge and the concierge desk.

We chatted to a couple who were on deck 18, they should have been right near the front but when they boarded they had been moved further back (ship was half empty). They said their cabin was very quiet but were told the ones right at the front heard some noise from the restaurant late nights and early mornings.

On 9/23/2019 at 8:49 PM, tnt10 said:

Thx...

Had to look that one up previously to see what was above me when I was booking a suite on deck 16.  Originally thought, "They have a crew deck or mechanical deck in the middle of the Yacht Club?  How odd??"

Found the thread on superstitions and deck "17"....

No 17 is a bad luck number in the Italian culture...