Explorer around the UK

chuckw

On 9/29/2019 at 12:07 PM, DaveFr said:

I think your flight to Barcelona will be from Terminal 3 at Heathrow.  If you have the time to use a lounge, remember that in addition to the BA lounges, you can also use the very good Cathay Pacific and Qantas lounges in Terminal 3.

Dave

Thanks for the info. 

On 9/29/2019 at 7:28 PM, 1982CruzStart said:

My last experience with LH was very different and now i try and avoid them if the stop is in FRA.  The flight was not good and the stop at FRA worse. 

I am hoping the upcoming flight with BA will be as good as the ones in the past. I know others' experiences with BA are quite different. 

Try Swiss.  Their onboard service is excellent, food too.  And the connections n ZRH are easy-peasy.  (Works like a Swiss watch in fact).  They have downline service to most places Regent sails from in Europe and Africa.  Plus we are in Schengen as well so once you clear passport control at ZRH you do not have to again at places like BCN etc.

9 hours ago, Hambagahle said:

Try Swiss.  Their onboard service is excellent, food too.  And the connections n ZRH are easy-peasy.  (Works like a Swiss watch in fact).  They have downline service to most places Regent sails from in Europe and Africa.  Plus we are in Schengen as well so once you clear passport control at ZRH you do not have to again at places like BCN etc.

Actually our flights this fall are with AC and Swiss. I thought we were on Swiss from YYZ but it turned out to be AC metal so the only flight that is on Swiss is from ZRH to BCN.  Not getting much of a chance to experience the service with Swiss but am very happy with the routing. 

I think you will find the connection at ZRH to be excellent.  You will go through Passport control at ZRH, Customs at BCN.  (Which is not an issue...)   Directions/signposting are great at ZRH and the shuttle train that takes you from the E gates where you will most likely arrive to the main terminal is FUNNY !  Wait and see...   Min. connecting time is 45mns.    Which says a lot about the efficiency of the ZRH airport.

Plus - you can buy chocolates and Luxembürgeli at the Sprüngli shops in the Duty free.  Suggest you get some of the latter - to die for!

21 hours ago, Hambagahle said:

I think you will find the connection at ZRH to be excellent.  You will go through Passport control at ZRH, Customs at BCN.  (Which is not an issue...)   Directions/signposting are great at ZRH and the shuttle train that takes you from the E gates where you will most likely arrive to the main terminal is FUNNY !  Wait and see...   Min. connecting time is 45mns.    Which says a lot about the efficiency of the ZRH airport.

Plus - you can buy chocolates and Luxembürgeli at the Sprüngli shops in the Duty free.  Suggest you get some of the latter - to die for!

thanks for the suggestions and advice. Much appreciated. 

On 10/1/2019 at 8:09 AM, Hambagahle said:

I have fond memories of the original Swissair, and was fortunate to visit it's training facility for cabin staff.

1 hour ago, English Voyager said:

I have fond memories of the original Swissair, and was fortunate to visit it's training facility for cabin staff.

We (Swiss) all loved Swissair.  And are still more than embarrassed and upset by its sudden demise.  Swiss (Swiss International Airlines) has become extremely good over the last 10 years.  I am at the point of saying if they don't fly there I am not going!!  Happily for me - they fly to SFO and from MIA and that suits my next cruise to a "t".  Service on board - seats (full and comfortable beds in Business and of course First) and food is great.