Beach BBQ day for Jewels of the Windward Islands

Ski Mom 2

We are sailing on Wind Surf departing Barbados on January 18, 2020 on Jewels of the Windward Islands. Does anyone know which port will be our Beach BBQ? The deck BBQ? I’m starting to look at our options for the different ports and it would be nice to have an idea of when these events might take place. 

Our stops include:

ANSE MITAN, MARTINIQUE

CASTRIES, ST. LUCIA

PIGEON ISLAND, ST. LUCIA (arrive 6 pm depart the following evening at 6 pm)

BEQUIA, ST. VINCENT & THE GRENADINES
MAYREAU, ST. VINCENT GRENADINES
ST. GEORGE'S, GRENADA

BRIDGEPORT, BARBADOS

Thanks so much!

Hi, Susanne Cape  Cod here . . I am pretty  positive that on the first part of the journey the Beach picnic  will be on Pigeon Island 1/21, the barbecue will be Bequia  because the barbecue is always on a night we leave a port late. For the 2nd week the beach picnic should be on Mayreau on 1/27 and 1/30 Bonaire the barbecue because the ship leaves late. I have done these trips multiple times and as I recall this is when they are.  Hope I am correct and I am looking forward to seeing you and meeting you onboard and stay well. Happy Sailing to us. 

SkiMom2

I agree with Strenz on the dates.  You can plan accordingly.  I really like the 2nd week's itinerary.  Keeping an eye out for a price drop but seems like it's not going to happen.  I like Soufrière (much nicer than Castries or Pigeon Island) and Man O' War Bay Tobago as well as Mayreau which is a great spot for Beach BBQ.  Enjoy

Beach BBQ on Prickley Pear in Virgin Gorda is the best. Totally Private.  Hope they go back one day because it looks like it’s Fischers Cove for the 2020 season as the North Sound is still recovering from Irma.  Another stop on Yachtmans Caribbean itinerary that’s been replaced is Sopers Hole Tortola which was hit hard by Irma.  The stop is now in Roadtown while Nevis is replacing Barbuda on Classic Caribbean itinerary.  Never been to Fischer’s Cove.  Hear good things.  Will be testing the venue on our upcoming November cruise

Hi, We were at Fisher’s Cove I found Prickly Pear, Pigeon Island and Mayreau much nicer. Be careful at Fisher’s Cove you need water shoes for there are a lot of big stones in the water, the space is more crowded, simply put not as nice as the others. I think Mayreau is really the mist beautiful. I think they use Fisher’s Cove due to the hurricane destruction. It is a lovely cruise enjoy. Happy Sailing