Who has been on a 14 night cruise.

waterjock

Did 14 nights on the Dawn, and 15 nights on Spirit... both were repositioning cruises.

They did have the normal shows that were running at the time, but they added several other entertainment options that were special to the repositioning cruise...  I would imagine on the newer ship formats you may have quite a lot of entertainment options to choose from.

Edited by cliffd64

Just like most any cruise they entertainment will be pretty different each night in the main show room. There may be come repeats.. Like tallnthensome. we like to spend some evenings just listening to music in a bar, usually a piano bar. We normally only go to shows about 1/2 the nights whether it is a longer repo cruise or a standard 7 day cruise. 

We’ve been on 14+ night cruises on NCL, Celebrity, and Royal.  On the longer cruises you will see variety in the entertainment.  Outside of the production, many will headliners disembark after several days and a new group with embark.  Haven’t been on the Bliss so can’t comment on specifics on that ship.  For me the bigger issue is how to fill out the days, not nights on a longer cruise.  On a 14 day, you will probably have a number of sea days.

25 minutes ago, JohnIreland said:

Depends if it's a real 14 nights or back-to-back 7 nights.  For a real 14 nights there will be extra shows not on a normal 7 day.

That's good to know, we have booked a 15 day Alaska on the Sun and I was worried the shows might be repetitive, especially on a smaller ship, I love the shows and won't miss a single night.

I have done several 14 -nighters out of NYC on the Breakaway and Escape. The mainstay shows (Jersey Boys on the Bliss) will repeat over a few nights. (Remember the fact that when ship capacity is at 4000, you need to have several shows to accommodate all guests!) There will be other performances to fill the remaining nights of musicians, magicians and sometimes a hypnotist. The nights that the theater shows repeat they will switch up in the Comedy Club as well--one night of comedians, the next night howl at the moon. This allows everyone to see what they want.

The only downside for me was that I had a hard time getting into the adult-only comedy shows on the Escape. I only got to see one of the three comedians they had onboard. Oh well.

18 minutes ago, Goldconnection said:

We did b2b both 14 days. It was great! Enjoyed each and every one of the 28 days!

You did b2b both 14 days on the NCL Bliss? ....... If not, The OP is asking about entertainment on the Bliss for longer cruises not if you liked your long cruise on some other line or ship....... 

Edited by tallnthensome

Thank you for your help but the one question I wanted to confirm is their a headliners comedy club with howl at the moon on the Bliss. I have been on the Escape 5 times and love the comedy shows  and piano players in that room. My cruise has 8 ports some I have not been to I know the Escape and Bliss have all gone on 14 night cruises in the last year or two. Any one been on  any of those.

2 hours ago, waterjock said:

Thank you for your help but the one question I wanted to confirm is their a headliners comedy club with howl at the moon on the Bliss. I have been on the Escape 5 times and love the comedy shows  and piano players in that room. My cruise has 8 ports some I have not been to I know the Escape and Bliss have all gone on 14 night cruises in the last year or two. Any one been on  any of those.

There is no Howl at the Moon on the Bliss.  They do have the Cavern Club with a Beatles cover band that we really enjoyed.  Cavern Club is small, no reservations.  We got there about 45 minutes early (lol had our choice of any seat), ordered a drink at the very nice bar and sat and relaxed.  Second time we went (different show) we went about 35 minutes early and sat in our same 2nd row seats. 

Here is a Youtube video of the empty Cavern Club.  Get there early if you want a seat .... first or second row if you want to see.  We loved second row.

Here is a half hour Youtube video that shows several of their songs.

There was a piano player/singer in the Observation Lounge later in the evening.  Love the Observation Lounge, one of our very favorite places on the Bliss.  I'm sure there was other music throughout the ship.  I'm not big on shipboard comedy so not sure if there was a venue for that.